1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nav System Security Setting avic z110

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by billas333, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Apr 15, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    billas333

billas333 [OP] They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    I was curious for those who have a nav system if there system had a built in security feature and if so what they thought about it.

The pioneer Avicz110bt has a feature where you can program a password into the system so that if the power relay is cut then the system will prompt for the password on the next boot up.

Does this seem like it is even a feature worth having or could it easily be by passed if the unit is stolen.

2. Apr 16, 2010 at 8:28 AM
    ChaseUA

ChaseUA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    Present: 2016 White TRD Sport DC Past: 2010 MGM TRD Sport AC 4x4
    I think it will just make it tougher for the criminals to enjoy the unit, but the fact would still stand that it was stolen from you. I don't think it would cause them to bring it back and put it back in your vehicle or anything, so I'm not sure the point of it, haha.

Products Discussed in

To Top