1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Navigation input, from Google Maps

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by FrankJake, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Jun 2, 2017 at 11:40 AM
    FrankJake

FrankJake [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR SB Magnetic Grey Metalic JBL Stock (so far)
    Shift Sense Pro, HomeLink Mirror, Screen Protector, Tinted Windows, Now onto the expensive stuff
    Is there any other way to get an address or destination into the entune navigation other than entering it by hand? My company's software can send a customers address directly to my iphone and it shows up as a text message. I can touch the highlighted address and the phone will show it on the map and navigate me there if needed. Is there any way to get the address into the entune navigation? Maybe from my phone or even google maps? My other car I can send a destination right to the cars nav unit from google maps. Makes it easy when going to many customers homes each day. Any suggestions other than just using my phone instead of the built in nav?

2. Jun 2, 2017 at 12:28 PM
    bilplat

bilplat Simply Driving Into Mordor

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    '17 White A/T 4x4 TRD OR DCSB
    ARE Hard Top
    Get the Entune app. Use the Destination Search. You still have to copy and paste from your text messages. Once an address is found, click on it and a Save button should be available. That'll save the address to your Saved Destinations. Get in your car and go through the Apps on the head unit to find Saved Destinations. It'll sync with your phone and you can start navigation.

That's the best way I've found. Definitely a few more steps than I would like, but it works. I'm on an iPhone btw, but I think the Entune app would be the same across other systems.

Late additions: you obviously need to have your phone paired with your truck through Bluetooth and need to pair through the Entune app too (at least the first time).

sadmrhappy and FrankJake[OP] like this.
  3. Jun 2, 2017 at 4:14 PM
    FrankJake

FrankJake [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR SB Magnetic Grey Metalic JBL Stock (so far)
    Shift Sense Pro, HomeLink Mirror, Screen Protector, Tinted Windows, Now onto the expensive stuff
    Thank you for that info. I'll give it a try. It's sounds faster than having to type in every character of the address.

Products Discussed in

To Top