1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need a shock with enough travel for my setup...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by gjbonner, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Jun 3, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    gjbonner

gjbonner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    I have a FabTech 6 inch lift with 5100s set at 1.75 inches. alcan is making me a leaf pack to lift the rear 8 inches getting rid of the block that was installed with the lift and matching the extra 1.75 i have in the front due to the shocks. It will probably be 9 inches total because they are giving me 300lbs over stock for my load capacity so i'll have an inch of positive rake in the back or so. i need a shock that will travel. i know nothing about the shock world when it comes to good bad and what works. i have bilstein in the front but could care less what goes in the rear as long as it is a good product. my main concern here is fit and travel. Bilstein 5160s all say for toy tacoma with 0-1 inch of lift leading me to believe there isnt going to be enough travel.

enlighten me people!

Products Discussed in

To Top