1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Advice for install leather seat

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wing103, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Jun 24, 2009 at 7:33 AM
    wing103

wing103 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport / Dark Gray
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jun 24, 2009 at 9:28 AM
    bryesq

bryesq New Member

Member:
    Not really the answer to your question, but before they ship, I would make sure that these are the correct seat covers. I think the pictured covers are for the "base" bucket seats (with the seat back tray) rather than the sport buckets. Good deal though, if they are the right ones.

3. Jun 25, 2009 at 6:22 AM
    Marc M

Marc M Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.
    Get some good side cutters, hog ring pliers and a bag of hog rings. I have only installed the fronts of a full kit. It's not that difficult, just time consuming. I just haven't had the time to do the rears and doors yet.

Take pictures for reference as you take your seats apart and pay attention, they go back together exactly in reverse order.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Jun 25, 2009 at 7:02 AM
    wing103

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    Thanks for the advices, I think I may go to Sears to buy the hog ring pliers and a bag of hog rings.
    I do think think about do the doors, but have no idea where i can order the leather for it, any idea??

5. Jun 25, 2009 at 7:05 AM
    Marc M

Marc M Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.
    My kit came with pre-upholstered inserts, so I'm not sure.

Marc M

6. Jun 25, 2009 at 8:27 AM
    wing103

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    ok, let me see what i recieve than start from there.

7. Aug 16, 2009 at 3:39 PM
    sixdoubleseven

sixdoubleseven Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    14 DC 4x4
    How'd they come out? I'm thinking about putting leather in mine. I'm in Boston too - I'd love to check them out.

Products Discussed in

To Top