1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need advice

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Country, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Mar 3, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    Country

Country [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Country
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl.-Everyone says it looks like a tank
    Pro Comp 6in lift w/ Icon Coilovers,AllPro UCA's, AllPro Baja Leaf pack, Bilstein 5150's in the rear. Tires Mickey Thompson MTZ 275/70R18 w/ procomp 7089 wheels. ARB front bumper with mile marker winch, Custom made all quarter inch steel rear bumper. Demello rock crusher slider's. CoverKing neoprene seat cover's, AllPro trail armor All-pro U-bolt flip kit with Timbren bump stops and many many many other mods, way to many to list.
    I am getting a Pro Comp 6in lift on my Tacoma it is the only lift available for a 2010 Tacoma with VSC and the smallest wheel it will take is 18in since the tie rod end will not clear anything smaller. I want to know what u guys think, will this wheel still perform offroad say in the desert, mud, rock, etc. And what do yall think of looks to 18in, to me looks like I just through some "dubs" on it, this truck is not a Show by 4. I will be ruinning 33in MT Baja Claw.

2. Mar 3, 2010 at 8:16 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Did you look at Tuff Countries 6" lift? They only mention about backspacing being 4.5" or more
    http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/56900-tacoma-lift-kit.html

Nothing wrong with 18" wheels/33" tires. YOur sidewall will be shorter and depending on what type of offroading you do...and how far you air down, could get ugly on the wheels. Buy some cheap ass steal wheels and who cares if they get messed up.

Products Discussed in

To Top