1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need assistance from our suspension guru's

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Tha_babyraptor, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Nov 22, 2020 at 1:29 AM
    Tha_babyraptor

Tha_babyraptor [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
    Fox Shocks, K&N Intake
    Hello all!
    Installed the Icon RXT (option 2) today which added a 2.5" rear lift to the truck. In the front and rear i have fox 2.0 shocks that came on the truck when I bought it. The rear now has amazing flex as well. But to level out the truck i adjusted my fox 2.0 Coilovers in the front 2.5". The truck sits level now but the suspention is TIGHT. there is now 0 travel in the front suspension.

I plan to get King extended travel 2.5's with res as I'm on the road to getting 35's. Will disconnecting the front sway bars assist in front travel or next month when I get UCA's increase travel in the front? Or will I be screwed until I get new front shocks? The spring had to be heavily compressed in order to achieve 2.5" increased height on them which made them very short in length. With no travel in the front currently would this be okay to drive on for a month until I get UCA's?

I plan to hit an alignment tomorrow as well

Thank you

2. Nov 22, 2020 at 1:40 AM
    Texas T

Texas T Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    '14 T Force
    UCA’s will help with a better alignment and keep your truck from following ruts or just dips in the road. Disconnecting sway bar is a different debate. I still have mine and my truck rides stiff as shit but I can’t decide if I want to give up handling for comfort.

3. Nov 22, 2020 at 1:43 AM
    Texas T

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    '14 T Force
    Make sure they align your truck for your lift and not zero out to stock. There are numbers on this forum that will make your truck happy.

71tattooguy likes this.
  4. Nov 22, 2020 at 1:44 AM
    Texas T

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    '14 T Force
    If you’re getting UCA’s in a month you might as well hold off on the alignment

71tattooguy likes this.
  5. Nov 22, 2020 at 1:50 AM
    Tha_babyraptor

Tha_babyraptor [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
    Fox Shocks, K&N Intake
    @Texas T do you know if the UCA's will return some suspension flex? I have 0 travel in the front now. And I mean 0. If I jack the LCA's the frame moves with it after adding the 2.5" in the front. I feel like this will cause quick wear and tear on the suspension components

6. Nov 22, 2020 at 1:56 AM
    Texas T

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    '14 T Force
    Doubt it will give more flex unless you go long travel. I think the limiting factor really is the sway bar but it’s a big trade off for me at 70 mph

71tattooguy likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top