1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need better front seats in '07 Off-Road

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Metalfid, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Aug 19, 2007 at 10:42 AM
    Metalfid

Metalfid [OP] Member

Member:
    After driving my new Tacoma Off-Road for a 1,000 miles, I find I can't live with the seats. They are killing my back, even with the lumbar support maxed out. Anybody have experience with after-market seats? I dont' care about the motorized features, just need it to be comfortable and maybe have a seat and lumbar heater.

Thanks.

2. Aug 19, 2007 at 1:39 PM
    rancid

rancid Active Member

Member:
    i've sat in some really nice racing seats by sparco. I can't remember the model...all I remember was that the price tag was high. But you can take it out of one vehicle and put it in another. So you basically just buy the seat for life. Which one is comfortable for you? You'll have to go sit in them to find out but the racing seats in general are more supportive than the average seats that come with your vehicle.

3. Aug 19, 2007 at 3:08 PM
    Metalfid

Metalfid [OP] Member

Member:
    Sparco, that was the brand I was trying to remember. Thanks.

4. Aug 19, 2007 at 4:53 PM
    rancid

rancid Active Member

Member:
    you may want to check out recaro and corbeau seats as well. They are quite comfortable too.

5. Aug 19, 2007 at 5:11 PM
    Mudbug

Mudbug Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amsoil 0w-20 engine oil and Amsoil Full synthetic 75w-90 in the Transmission, transfer case, front and rear Differentials. AFE Cold Air Intake
    Corbeau makes some nice ones and they are a lot cheaper than sparcos.

6. Aug 19, 2007 at 8:05 PM
    Metalfid

Metalfid [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks for the additional manufacturers to check out. Does anyone know if there are any safety issues associated with putting in after market seats? Things like airbag deployment and the like?

7. Aug 19, 2007 at 11:24 PM
    rancid

rancid Active Member

Member:
    one of the biggest thing is the seat rail system. You may have to get one custom fabbed for your truck...which shouldn't be a problem anyways. As for the airbag sensor...you'll have to find a shop that can help you with that. If you plan on taking your seat out to your next vehicle, it may not be a bad idea to get them to fabricate something that will be able to accomodate the airbag sensors in other vehicles.

Just remember, go by how you feel. Don't look at the price tag. I've got back problems and will be getting one of these seats for the truck if the seats in there aren't comfortable. I'm just waiting to get one right now since the 07s have pretty much limited selection.

8. Aug 20, 2007 at 7:50 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i'm just surprised anyone with the TRD seats has a problem. I use to get uncomfortable in the Beamer on long trips, but i just got back from the beach, which is a 5 hour drive for me, and i was fine. I have my lumbar support maxed out but i dont get uncomfortable. Anyway, Metalfid, hope you get the seat thing figured out

Products Discussed in

To Top