1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need color codes for speaker harness to doors

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by DevL, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Nov 27, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    DevL

DevL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I am having a problem not being able to route speaker wires through the factory door accordian cover. What wires do I tie into for the speakers tha pass through the accordian and is there a crossover dowstream of the kick panel on the front speakers?

If you haev been able to wire direct please tell me how you did it.

I had a factory 6 disk player with non JBL system if that matters. 2010 DC

2. Nov 27, 2010 at 8:05 PM
    dolbytone

dolbytone Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    The only "crossover" is a cap on the tweeter itself.

However... I was able to fit two runs of jacketed pairs of 12AWG (overkill) wire to my speakers through the door grommet accordion. I used a semi rigid piece of wire (a landscaping flag) that I bent one end into a loop (to keep the end from poking shit) and worked it through to the door. I then securely taped my speaker wires to the flag and pulled it through from the door. You have to two hand it, one pulling, the other massaging the grommet but there is room for your wires I'm sure.

3. Nov 27, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    478DblSport

478DblSport Thermonuclear Protection

Member:
    Byron, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Streak Mica PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    | EXTERIOR | DiamondBack SE Tonneau Cover, Havoc HS2 Hoop Steps, Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Shortened OEM Antenna, DeeZee Bed Mat | INTERIOR | Flyzeye V2W (Amber/White/Amber), RAM Mt A-Pillar Mod, Audio: Pioneer AVH-X5700, PDX-5 (119Wx4+410W), Polk Audio MM6501 (F) & MM651 (R), JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 (Sub), w/Monster, Rockford, & Streetwire cabling, Metra Dash Kit.
    ^^^I did the same except I used a single conductor of no.12 house wire and left the insulation on it.

4. Nov 27, 2010 at 8:37 PM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    Are you just replacing speakers? Or are you going to add an amp to power them? If you are just adding speakers, get the adapters that will connect the aftermarket speaker to the toyota harness. No need to run wires if you are leaving everything else stock.

I know that didn't answer your question, but I would hate to see you do more work than needed. If you really want the colors, PM me. I have them lying around here somewhere.

5. Nov 27, 2010 at 9:31 PM
    DevL

DevL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    JL HD 900/5 amp so thats why I want new wires. I will try to runthe wires again and see if I have better luck. My silly wires are jeacketed and then twisted and wrapped in another cover. I guess if I run the wires one at a time (4 total) and remove the outter jacket they may fit... its not thick wire but with the clear over jacket its almost as thick as 4G power wire lol.

6. Nov 27, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    Try taping the second wire about 2 feet or so down on the first wire. Then, feed the single wire use a long zip tie. Once you have the first wire through, just keep pulling and working the wire. It will come.

7. Nov 28, 2010 at 8:08 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    Or use a "fish tape" or pull string, then attach your wires to that, and pull them thru. A coat hanger or other stiff light guage wire works great as a fish tape.

Pulling something smaller thru the opening first is easier than trying to get all of the wires thru.

Products Discussed in

To Top