1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need confirmation, H4 pinout

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Poindexter, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Aug 9, 2015 at 1:14 PM
    Poindexter

Poindexter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    north of Denali
    Vehicle:
    15 V6 auto 4x4 mag gray
    I have a 2015 V6 Access cab. I am mounting driving lights. For my install the lights have to be off all the time unless three conditions are met. 1) Key in ignition turned to "on". 2) added driving light control switch in dash board turned to "on" and 3) Hi beams "on".

So if i hit the stalk for low beams, or turn off the switch in the dash or take the key out of the ignition, the driving lights are off.

I have been reading up on the switched ground arrangement in the 2011-2014 Tacoma, just wearing out the search button. Figured out what diode I would need, had a guess at which wire to tap on the factory H4 plug, the whole works; but my 2015 H4 pinout does not match the post history here for the 2011-2014 pin out.

Worse, my back is acting up so I am taking xanaflex and flexeril (not together) and vicodin and motrin pretty much around the clock and not at my most sharpest right now.

Attached image is what I got for the H4 pinout on my personal 2015 truck. I did it once, wrote it down the second time, and then walked through all the combinations a third time checking them against my notes.

It looks to me like maybe for 2015 the Tacoma headlight system is switched hot instead of switched ground, this is not at all what I expected to find.

I really really appreciate it if someone could show me the error of my ways or confirm my findings.

NB: AS far as I know "H4" is the correct name for the connector from the factory harness to the factory headlight housing.

H4pinout.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top