1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

" Need help deciding on a rack!"

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by alo, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Dec 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    alo

alo [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner Offroad
    Hey guys/ girls! I have a '07 Taco trd with a large snugtop shell. I will be purchasing a canoe this Xmas for my girl friend but will need to find the best way to transport it around. My cab nor my shell have any type of rack and I was wondering if anyone out here has a canoe as well as a shell and what type of system they have. The canoe is about 15'6'' Thank a lot!

IMG_0598.jpg
    canoe.jpg

2. Dec 18, 2012 at 1:51 PM
    tacofire38

tacofire38 Captain Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Land o Pears,TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco PreRunner SR5
    V-Tech gunmetalrims, BFG All-Terrains, Front 5100s and OME 884 coils, Rear 5160s, Rear AAL, SpiderTrax Wheel Spacers, Hummer Bed Rack, Thule Kayak Roof Racks........
    I haul kayaks on my Thule roof racks and my buddy hauls em on his thule bed racks. I have a short bed thats why i went with roof racks but he has a long bed so bed racks work better for him. You could do a rack on the roof and a rack on the shell since the canoe is heavier than kayks.
    Ive seen it done before

3. Dec 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    MRJ

MRJ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bucky
    Kent, WA
    Vehicle:
    '12 pyrite mica 4x4
    Snugtop SuperSport
    I've got a couple ww boats- a 15'6" Merganser and a 12' Mad River Outrage. My snugtop has the Thule rack. Too much rocker to use just bars on the canopy so I've got a 3rd bar that mounts in the cab doors.

4. Dec 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Masterbrachiator

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    It looks like you have a 6' box. If I was you I would get a rack for your snug top. I transport 16.6-17' long canoes on this and it works great:
    Thule xsporter on the bed with a Yakima bar at the cab front.

[​IMG]

5. Dec 30, 2012 at 6:48 AM
    lakenorcan

lakenorcan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    PA
    Vehicle:
    blue tacoma
    k&n filter,mbrp stainless payback dual exhaust, fiberglass cap, wet okole seat covers, weathertech front/rear floormats & ventvisors, tinted windows, side steps, trd skid plate, lighted 4 wheel drive switch, navi., leds(maps,dome, front markers, license, back-ups), 3000k hid fog lights, satoshi grill, 3" toytec ultimate lift, pr comp 8004 wheels, and 265/70/17 tires.
    keep me posted. i'm in the same situation. access cab long bed with cap and need something to mount on my cap for yak and or canoe.

To Top