1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help! electrical problem

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Ramathorn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Mar 3, 2008 at 9:04 PM
    Ramathorn

Ramathorn [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey all, This is kind of hard to explain but here goes.
    I have an 05 2.7 tacoma, my issue is recently my truck will not reconize that i have left the vehicle. when I stop somewhere and take the key out everything turns off except the headlight and the airbag lights. this is normal but the problem is that when i open the door instead of everything turning off like normal the truck wont recognize that i have left the vehilce. so now everytime i leave my truck for a while the battery dies because the power to the windows/ airbag wont shut off. also i cant lock/unlock it with the remote because the truck thinks im still in it.

hope that makes sence and someone can help... i have checked all the fuses and i have unhooked the battery for about 10 min with no luck

Thanks
    -Rami

2. Mar 4, 2008 at 5:08 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Sounds like a stuck door switch. Have you checked those? Make sure one isn't stuck or wires shorted out?

Edit:
    Actually, maybe something in the ignition switch... Door would explain headlights not going off. But the ignition sticking would keep the airbag sensor on maybe as well as headlights, and stop keyless entry from working.

Products Discussed in

To Top