1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help How to Remove Tacoma QI Charger & Trim

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Michael_Westen, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Apr 4, 2020 at 10:54 AM
    Michael_Westen

Michael_Westen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off Road Inferno
    Does anyone have a link to show how to remove the QI phone charger & trim console piece? I've had the console gear shift console out so I know that much but wasn't sure on the QI phone charger & trim. Thanks!!!!!!

2. Apr 4, 2020 at 10:56 AM
    eurowner

eurowner Duke Sky

Member:
    First Name:
    Scoty
    The Syncro Ranch, Salida ColoRADo
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRDOR DCLB FTMFWBBQ Silver Sky Met
    Bilstein 8112+650lb coils, 8100+Deaver Stage II leaf pack, SPC UCA, DuroBumps, Mobtown 0* sliders W/fill plates, Mobtown Recovery Bar, Radium PVC & CCV Dual Oil Separator Catch Can System, Snugtop Hiliner Sport, ATH bed Stiffeners (cuz bottle openers!) and front corner tie down, Badger plates for Firestone airbag + Relentless U-bolt flip + Daystar cradles, TRD Pro shift knob, TRD Exhaust, HPS Silicone intake tube, Green Filter, TRD Intake Air Accelerator, 265-70-17 Toyo Open Country ATIII on TRD 17"Rockwarrior Cold Forged wheels, TRD alloy front skid, RCI Aluminum transmission & transfer case skids. Much Meso awesomeness, FreshMexicanTaco TacoGarage Camera Controller + DDM, WarFab Sheridan hitch skid, Rago LCA steel skids + lower rear shock guards, ScanGauge II, FN Koning Countersteer 16" spare, OEM T4R 90105-14104 coilover lower mounting eye bolts
    Oh, this is a question.

I thought you had instructions to do it.

BSFord likes this.
  3. Apr 4, 2020 at 10:58 AM
    Black taco.

Black taco. Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4x4. MT.
    what are you planning on replacing it with?

4. Apr 4, 2020 at 11:14 AM
    1taco2motos

1taco2motos Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    19 DCSB mgm TRD OR 6MT
    I'm interested in this as well. Read in another thread that it's possible to replace the worthless QI charger with the basic SR trim.

5. Apr 4, 2020 at 11:19 AM
    oogielaflick

oogielaflick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4-door; Prvious 23 year owner of 1996 Tacoma
    Quicksand with hood protector, color matching decals on tailgate latch, mudflaps, glovebox, and tailgate hitch cover.
    The charger works fine for me. In fact, I came up with another use for it a few days ago. I was going to be on the road for a while, and I wanted to have something to eat instead of stopping for fast food somewhere. Before I left, and bought a sandwich roll, as well as some deli meat and made myself a nice thick turkey and ham sandwich. I then wrapped it in foil, and took it with me. I put it in the place where I would normally place my phone to charge it, and then turned on the QI charger. I did all this because I noticed that when I was using this charger to charge my phone, that it would get really hot, so I figured I would use it to warm my sandwich a little while I was driving! It wasn't steaming hot or anything, but hey, it DID work!

6. Apr 4, 2020 at 11:25 AM
    Gatordog

Gatordog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD SPORT DCLB4x4
    Not sure why anyone would not want it if you have a phone that can use it. It actually works pretty good even on a short commute. Does make the phone hot but whatever I got 5-7 more % battery on my I-sheep phone, 20 minute commute, so if I forgot to charge overnight I get by.

BSFord likes this.
  7. Apr 4, 2020 at 11:38 AM
    1taco2motos

1taco2motos Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    19 DCSB mgm TRD OR 6MT
    That's friggin funny. I'll try it out on a burrito on the way to work next week.

FirstTimeTaco2020 likes this.
  8. Apr 4, 2020 at 11:45 AM
    Black taco.

Black taco. Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4x4. MT.
    Everyday is Friday here now.

9. Apr 4, 2020 at 11:55 AM
    Michael_Westen

Michael_Westen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off Road Inferno
    Who ever had the truck before drilled 4 holes in the drivers side of the QI console trim to mount something and I want to replace it but would like to know exactly how to do so. Any help is greatly appreciated.

10. Apr 4, 2020 at 11:59 AM
    oogielaflick

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    Quicksand with hood protector, color matching decals on tailgate latch, mudflaps, glovebox, and tailgate hitch cover.
    No, it would not. I left it in there for about 4 hours before I got hungry enough to eat it, and it was just warm. Honestly, if it had been a sunny day, I could have probably done better by putting it on the dash in the sun, but since it was refrigerated over night before I left on my trip, and I drove at night , I just came up with this somewhat funny but admittedly crazy notion to try this and see how it would do. Considering everything, I think it worked out alright!

Tacotsubo[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Apr 4, 2020 at 12:01 PM
    oogielaflick

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    I agree that it seems to work for me just fine too. In fact, when I go on long trips, I do not have to bring a cord charging cord with me anymore, as I just have the phone charging the whole time I am driving. At the end of the day, it is then always 100% charged!

Products Discussed in

To Top