1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help protecting my truck!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by hondarider215, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Jun 14, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    hondarider215

hondarider215 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    KR Tacoma
    KR Fabrication front and rear bumper ICON 2.5 c/o's All pro leafs Maxtrac Fox rear resi shocks Lr uca 17" methods
    Alright well im headed off to Texas for college and im bringing my tacoma with me. The college parking lot is tight and the spaces arnt to big. I have a dclb so im gonna be taking up the whole parking space. Heres my problem, Im worried about kids door dinging my truck. I was thinking about a pair of sliders for my truck so their door hits the slider and not my door but i dont know if the sliders stick out far enough. (plus it would give me a reason to buy a pair) :)

Anybody know if a certain brand of sliders stick out past the doors? Ive looked at a couple threads and most look like they hug the truck pretty tight.

2. Jun 14, 2012 at 9:27 PM
    Sunner

Sunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    There's plenty of sliders that will protect your doors if you search for them, just dont park next to a truck taller than yours though.

3. Jun 14, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    hondarider215

hondarider215 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    KR Tacoma
    KR Fabrication front and rear bumper ICON 2.5 c/o's All pro leafs Maxtrac Fox rear resi shocks Lr uca 17" methods

Yeah ive been looking at a couple and i like B.A.M.F sliders they look like they would stop the little car doors.

4. Jun 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    I have all pro sliders. I haven't had any door dings on them but shopping the shopping cart I rest on the slider and it is about 2 inches away from my door

5. Jun 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    BlueTaco07

BlueTaco07 Super Mod!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Panama city, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Looking
    Factory running boards are the best for your situation, they stick out a solid 4-6" of the cab and doors saved my paint a few times as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top