1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help - Scion tC StopTech Brake Lines

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by SManZ, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Oct 9, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Wrong forum I know - my g/f is cross posting in a Scion forum too. We tried to install front and rear Stoptech SS brake lines on her '08 tC this evening before she goes to an autocross event in the morning.

The rears installed fine. We had problems with the front. I could get the front lines to bolt up to the caliper but the stock 10mm fitting at the end of the stock steel line would not fit into the end of the Stoptech line.

The stock 10mm fitting would not set deep enough into the Stoptech fitting to allow the threads to bite and pull the fittings together. When I took a careful look at the insides of the stock and Stoptech fittings I noticed that the cone inside the fitting is slightly more pronounced on the Stoptech lines. I think the larger cone is keeping the fittings from connecting.

So...she bought these things on eBay and probably can't return them. The event is tomorrow. Is there some special tool that compresses these fittings together? Do I try and dremel the the cone down? Postpone the event and have her call Stoptech on Monday?

In this picture, the area circled in red is what we were having trouble with. The brass colored fitting is the end of the Stoptech line. The black nut is the end of the stock steel line. I can't get these two close enough to engage the threads.

-Thanks in advance for your help!

rearbrakeline_02922e88b18aa8e905dd85719383347a92c1821b.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Oct 9, 2009 at 5:50 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I think that folks who have installed the StopTech lines have needed to remove part of of the stock bracketing to make the space to get those fittings together.

Products Discussed in

To Top