1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help, truck won't start.

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by montes6173, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Jul 12, 2011 at 8:35 AM
    montes6173

montes6173 [OP] Any place is comfortable if you make it that way

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    El Paso, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Black Western Bull Bar, Avid Off-Road Side Steps, Truxedo Tonneau Covers(OFF), Painted Badges and Grill Black, Removed Mud Flaps, Bestop Supertop(ON), Diff breather mod, plastic-dip lower valance and rear bumper.
    Ok I have a 2005 trd off-road Tacoma. I bought it used with around 50,000 miles or so. I've had it since march of last year and I now have 77,000 miles on it. I never had and problems but today I go to start my truck in the morning and it's fine. I stop not 5 minutes later at the store. And when I start it up again it made the sound when your batterie is dead but it kicked over and started. Finlly went to work about 3 miles away stop and turned off my truck. About 20 to 30 minutes later I went to stated it but all I heard was the batterie clicking. Had my buddy try and jump my truck with his but still nothing. It almost kicked over but it didn't. We checked my batterie and it's still good. What else can it be and why do I need to do to fix it. If you cam help please do.

2. Jul 12, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    SampleFool

SampleFool Three Percenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Ga
    Vehicle:
    Silver
    08 off-road
    Starter selonoid it sounds like man. If you know what your doing you can get under and jump from the positive side of the selonoid to the other side and if it cranks. thats your prob. But only do it if you know what your doing, cause my might get a nice little shock if not. Grab an old screw driver.

Products Discussed in

To Top