1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need help wiring PA....

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by callahansd, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Aug 4, 2010 at 12:56 PM
    callahansd

callahansd [OP] Guest

i bought a power horn 100w from radioshack and it has bare wire out the back, one white and one black, i bought a 3.5 plug in and iv tried hooking one wire up to the two out of the PA, but i get nothing... my cb only has the 3.5 receiver in the back for a PA but how do i make this work... thanks for any help

2. Aug 4, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    dolbytone

dolbytone Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    This makes no sense. Try drawing what you are doing or take some pictures.

3. Aug 4, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    callahansd

callahansd [OP] Guest

i said before there are two wires coming out of the PA, i connect them to a single other wire and plug it into the cb... and it doesnt work, but now im getting some noise from the pa when turned on but its still not letting me talk through it, it only clicks when i push the button on the mic

4. Aug 4, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    Both of those wires need to be hooked up to a separate place, think of it as a car/home stereo speaker.

5. Aug 4, 2010 at 3:32 PM
    dolbytone

dolbytone Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Your PA horn has a + and - wire. The + wire needs to be soldered to the center post of the mini jack, the - wire needs to be soldered to the negative terminal, usually anywhere except the center post connection.

This will complete the circuit rather than dead short it like you currently have it. I have included a picture. This is not a mini jack (I did not have one handy), it is an RCA connector, but the terminations are the same as a mono mini jack.

[​IMG]

6. Aug 4, 2010 at 3:36 PM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    x2. I couldn't remember which wire went to which part of the post. If you plug it into the ext speaker on your CB, you can listen to the radio outside of your truck, as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top