1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need info from Vermont/NH/Maine

Discussion in 'North East' started by 09_tacoma, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Jan 3, 2011 at 8:21 PM
    09_tacoma

09_tacoma [OP] Forever at a crossroads

Member:
    First Name:
    Mylene
    North Pole
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco V6 4x4 DLCB TRD Sport
    Headlights, Exhaust, grill, Kings all around resi suspension. Camburg UCA's, Clarion double din
    I'll be driving my back to the east coast mid week and was hoping to get info on current road conditions throughout those states and possible weather forcast (yes I can look it up but I'd rather get feeback from people who actually live there and now the weather patterns).

I'll probably cross over into Vermont late wednesday evening or bright and early thursday morning. Any hotel recommondations along VT-78 or I-89??

Any info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated:) Thanks

Mylene

2. Jan 3, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    1bad10tacoma

1bad10tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Brewer Maine
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB Sport
    tonneau,tailgate lock, OEM cruise, Int. wiper, , mud flap mod,weatertech's,fj rims
    Looks to be clear here in Maine up to friday. Possible snow friday-saturday

3. Jan 4, 2011 at 6:14 AM
    09_tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mylene
    North Pole
    Vehicle:
    Headlights, Exhaust, grill, Kings all around resi suspension. Camburg UCA's, Clarion double din
    Sounds good. Thank you :)

4. Jan 4, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    09_tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mylene
    North Pole
    Vehicle:
    Nobody else? Really?? Well that's disappointing...

5. Jan 5, 2011 at 6:04 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    In Vermont, All this week calls for snow showers & with the cold weather the dusting of snow makes black ice. When I left work last night it was those conditions on the highway.

This morning was again the same thing but the salt trucks were out.

Bolton Flats on I89 outside of the Stowe exit 9 is known for weird winds which glaze the highway (just an fyi). Actually the whole highway from NH border up to Exit 20 is prone to this due to the elevation changes...

As far as somewhere to stay off I89, there are accomodations easily accessible off the Berlin exit 6(Comfort Inn & Applebees) & exit 11 Williston Fairfield Inn (also near all the big box stores, wal mart, texas roadhouse, chillis etc). Exit 12W has the Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, Laquinta, UVM, the Mall, Al's famous burgers & FFs, a ton of ski stores & places to eat. After that, you will have to go all the way to Exit 19 for the next Comfort Inn. I89 exit 1 near the White River Jct/NH line has a bunch. NH is no tax fwiw. Not much between exit 2 - 6 that is easily accessible.

Also, it is not cheap to stay due to ski season & the colleges. Probably the cheapest is down near NH line of 89 or north of Burlington.

p.s. where are you going in Maine?
    If you are going North of Portland, I would take Rt 302 off I89 and cut across the White Mountains. You see Mt. Washington Hotel, Crawford Notch, drive by some beautiful ski areas, lots of places to stay & it takes the same amount of time. I have done all the routes to Maine for I have family there. This is my favorite route.

189 NH
    I89 in NH exit 1 Bow,NH has easy services & hotels right near the exit.
    I93 in Concord, NH has a ton of hotels, outlets & places to eat right off the exit. This is where you pick up I89 for it ends in Concord, NH. Other than that there is not much right off the exits until you reach Exit 7 Warner.

Route 78 hasn't much if you are talking northern Vt. You get on I89 up in Swanton, come south more towards Burlington for more options follow the other stuff above.

6. Jan 5, 2011 at 6:05 AM
    bb609

bb609 O.F.

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport Access Cab
    FOX 2 1/2" CO's STOCK UCA's - They used to be Icons! Icons suck!!! TSB Rear w/Bilstein 5100's - Air Lift System - Leer 550 Bedcover - Ventshades - Yota Bed Mat - Sheepskins!!! - Weathertechs
    Roads should be fine up to the w/e. Not to worry either way, they do a great job of clearing the highways here.

7. Jan 6, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    09_tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mylene
    North Pole
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Judy, that was a great post. I did take a few scenic routes. Travelling alone takes away some of the fun though.. by the time I hit Maine I just wanted to see I95 and boot 'er up back to Canada and make the final stretch of road home. lol

Hit some snow/ice covered roads last night which slowed me down a bit but I-91 was horrible this morning, black ice straight across for over an hours worth of driving. Saw a few vehicles flipped over in the median. Everything after that was excellent :)

8. Jan 13, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Just saw your post, glad you got home ok! I hate black ice!
    Totally understand putting the pedal to the metal when it comes to getting home....
    If you ever come this way again & pm if you have ?? or need help. Have done that myself with many here and they have called me for the inside scoop.

9. Jan 13, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    09_tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mylene
    North Pole
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the offer! I might take you up on that some day. Could have been useful last wednesday night, I normally go by road maps but I had borrowed my moms GPS that time. I ended up on a single lane country road in the middle of nowhere. It was snow covered and patches of ice everywhere, after 10 minutes I said to hell with it, turned around and went with my gutt instinct. That proved to be much better, lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top