1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need opinion on truck I am looking at. Worth buying? Need Input!!! Pls

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Tacozona, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Feb 4, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    Tacozona

Tacozona [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    WA (state of)
    Vehicle:
    2002 Xtra Cab TRD 4x4
    ARB bumper Warn winch 3" suspension lift canopy with safari rack AR Teflon Mojave wheels BF Goodrich MT
  2. Feb 4, 2010 at 7:04 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Sounds like a good deal. Maybe slightly over priced but not much.
    Just a thought. Someone else one found a scam on craigslist with some guy trying to sell a truck saying he had to go to the army. Just be sure to see everything first.

3. Feb 4, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    Beau02

Beau02 Black Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 Limited TRD V6 Auto (234k+, 1-owner)
    Lots of small stuff; Grillcraft MX, Bilstein 5100's, Deck Plate Mod w/ AFE air filter, Airaid MIT, braided SS brake lines, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood struts, Extang Full-Tilt tonneau cover, fog light mod, gray wire mod, power outlets on-demand, Diff breather ext, additional contours to passenger side from oak tree.
    I'd have to agree w/ topgun155 in that the price may be a bit high, but not too bad. I would try to find out if he's got any maintenance records - consider the cost of maintenance that may be due such as the timing belt (every 90k), various fluids, etc., that you'll have to pay for to get it in good operating condition. Clutch replacements? Consider the condition of the tires (high cost right away if they need replacing).

Drive it to make sure everything sounds and feels good - engage 4hi & 4lo. I personally wouldn't sweat the mileage at all if it's been well maintained.

Also, get underneath it and look closely at the frame. Check for rust beyond the normal surface stuff you always see because there's potential for rust perforation on some older Tacomas.

There's more, but that's all I can think of for now. Others will fill you in.

Products Discussed in

To Top