1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need plumbing help please ..

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by azsean, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Dec 5, 2019 at 3:55 PM
    azsean

azsean [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sean
    HELL ... aka mesa,arizona
    Vehicle:
    2013 black prerunner trd sport
    gosh.. where do I start, 18x9’s on 275-65 ridge grapplers. Bilsteins, clazzio leather, audio consists of stereo integrity,fosgate power amps,sundown audio, hybrid audio. Plus more...
    Hey guys, First off I’m not asking for anything free. We all know life has its ups and downs. Well... the hot water line broke that’s under the slab of the house and Behind a wall which I already cut a hole in the drywall as seen in pics. A plumbing company wanted thousands of dollars to replace the line with a pex line and run it thru the attic. I’m swallowing my pride and asking for help with getting it repaired. I’m not asking for money. Just some hands to help. I don’t have thousands of dollars. I work at Walmart. I don’t know what else to do. I don’t have insurance to cover it.
    I’m located in Mesa. Does anyone has experience doing this or know someone who does and is willing to accept small payments of some sort to repair this. Thank you TW
    83B35F03-E3E8-4869-A4CD-A4C39E970D8D.jpg E97FD01F-7E36-4F45-A805-AB0A375A6F61.jpg

2. Dec 5, 2019 at 6:34 PM
    Nb2288

Nb2288 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    2017 quicksand TRD OR
    Had the same thing happen to me... Only real option is PEX reroute through the attic. Depending on how many faucets are in the run it gets expensive... Mine was 6k the day before the house went on the market.

Good luck, hope there's some plumbers on here that can help.

3. Dec 6, 2019 at 6:33 AM
    Hazmatt480

Hazmatt480 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DBLB SR5
    3" OME lift
    It looks like the 90 at the top is the problem..are you sure the problem is in the slab? If it's loose at the 90, you can just clean up the pipe and then re-sweat it back on. DM me if you need help with that..it'll cost a six pack of IPA and an aggressive high five..if you have to dig up the slab you can rent an electric jack hammer from home depot and then chase the pipe to find the leak

wilcam47 likes this.
  4. Dec 6, 2019 at 6:53 AM
    MR E30

MR E30 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Wherever it's parked
    Vehicle:
    2021 Silver TRD OR DCLB w/ AluCab and All the Mods
    I've repaired worse. Can be done relatively inexpensive, but you need to put in a lot of sweat to make that happen.

No need to re-run PEX through the attic. The problem is isolated at the slab. You just have to get to it. I'm sure someone on here has a hammer drill you can borrow to save on a rental.

If I lived in Phx I'd give you a free hand, but I live up in Flagstaff and don't make frequent trips to the valley.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

wilcam47 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top