1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need recommendation for dash kit...

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by bolyami, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Aug 23, 2008 at 6:45 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    That front trim piece was pretty loose when I first put it on. However, it fits fine and stays on when I installed the H/U.

2. Aug 23, 2008 at 1:18 PM
    dprince

dprince New Member

Member:
    Speedster,

I now have both Metra and Scosche kits her. Both are silver. The Scosche is probably a slightly better paint match but the Metra does have the texture on it. The texture is not a match to the Tacoma texture but I like it.

I installed my unit with the Metra and like it better because you use the metal brackets that were on the Toyota stereo to mount the head unit and not the plastic like Scosche.

Scosche will not hold faceplate without falling off so I am not going to use it. I had no luck getting the face plate to lock on.

You can get the silver Metra for $24.99 from Circuit City. I had to show the dude where it was priced this way on the internet and he adjusted the regular $50 price down.

Good luck!

3. Aug 23, 2008 at 2:25 PM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    Silverado Crew Cab Z71, 5.3 made from real Tornado's!
    A few additions to make me feel cool.
    You guys are idiots! Just go to Crutchfield.com and build it all online, free shipping and free kit and wires. I just updated my Tacoma with a Kenwood KDC-X492 Deck, KFC-6982ie 6X9's in front and KFC-1682ie 6.5's in rear and with the kit from ********* and baffles I ended up paying $411.00 shipped and it sounds great. Now for all of you who like paying $50.00 for the same kit you get for free, well have at it.

4. Aug 23, 2008 at 8:48 PM
    dprince

dprince New Member

Member:
    Jason,

I installed an AVIC-F90BT that cost my $825.00 on Amazon and Crutchfield wanted $1200. for the same unit. At that price, I am sure they can afford to give away a $25 dollar kit.

Your unit is also a single din so your kit would only cost $19.00 at CC. How much more did you pay for that head unit from Crutchfield to get your free kit?

I'm just saying!

5. Aug 23, 2008 at 9:33 PM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    Silverado Crew Cab Z71, 5.3 made from real Tornado's!
    A few additions to make me feel cool.
    I see your point Dprince, Crutchfield is not the best deal on everything. I bought my deck there simply because of the support and customer service they offer for the do it yourself guy. I payed a little extra for the deck from them however if you have any problems they will stand behind it weather its a install era or not. Sinse I got the kit from ********* I did buy my speakers off of an ebay store and daves $60.00. All I am saying is the soundest advise for a do it yourself person is to use the assets that crutchfield offers and take your time a shop for the best deal per your skillset. Giving to you I was not that clear in my last post.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top