1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need some advice with a 97' single cab build. Newbie here!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by Tacoman97, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Sep 24, 2017 at 9:54 AM
    Tacoman97

Tacoman97 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    andrew
    new york
    Vehicle:
    2018 Calvary blue TRD PRO
    ok so ive had my truck for a while now, about almost 3 years. 97' single cab 2.7l 4 cyl 4wd 5 speed, perfect combo for an offroad monster. i wanted to buy a new 3rd gen but ive come to the reality that that wount be happening for a lil while. so i figured id make this into a ultimate off road machine. right now im mainly looking for some advice for suspnsion mostly. i have stock rear and in the front i have some advanced auto BS coilover 2.5" leveling kit. they make the ride stiff as hell and id like to replace. i would like to lift the truck 3" but would i have to buy UCAs? if i do i would but i wana know would it be worth it. im looking more towards kits. ohh heres the kicker... im on a budget for now.... lol gettin that E-3 pay in the air force. but anyways i wana know wat the best 3" lift kit that rides nice, is some what affordable and will kick ass offroad.

2. Sep 24, 2017 at 9:57 AM
    Tacoman97

Member:
    First Name:
    andrew
    new york
    Vehicle:
    forgot to metion i just bought a CBI (i think) off road DIY bumper which will add weight in the front.

3. Sep 26, 2017 at 3:57 PM
    Tacoman97

Member:
    First Name:
    andrew
    new york
    Vehicle:
    ohh cool, thanks for the great advice guys. thought this forum was helpful....

4. Oct 23, 2017 at 10:22 AM
    Phryinghigh

Phryinghigh Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    2001 Reg Cab 4x4
    Welcome to the forum!

You'll have more luck asking questions in the 1st Gen threads or over in the Suspension threads. People here are incredibly helpful if they see your questions.

Lift choices usually boils down to your budget. I'd check out Old Man Emu kits or get some Bilstein 5100s with taller coils and an AAL. UCA's will be needed to get your alignment back in spec, but not everyone buys them straight away. With a full 3 inches, you may want to go ahead and get them. I'm at 2.5 and I haven't gotten them. My truck wanders at highway speeds tho, so be advised.

Products Discussed in

To Top