1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need some help and advise?

Discussion in 'New Members' started by chingy, May 17, 2011.

1. May 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM
    chingy

chingy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 2.7 tacoma 5 lugger
    talked to the people at total chaos, about their 5 lug uca kit. we talked about his 5 lug builds (both on you tube) on engines, suspensions, and tire size. he told me he had a 2.7 automatic and even with the gears changed. the truck add no power. the trucks on you tube both got switched out with 4.0. later. he told me to go with no bigger then 30tires. thinner tires are easier for the engine. just wondering if i should go on with my build. dt headers, afe cold air intake or K&n, exhaust, tc uca kit and rear . my shop also has a guy to re gear, when i have the money. just need some input from members on tires and rims size and some idea on how some member truck work for them if they have the same build. peace, chingy

2. Oct 22, 2011 at 6:46 PM
    YotaMan2007

YotaMan2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    where my boots and ruck lay
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 2wd
    K&N Drop-in airfilter, secondary airfilter removed, Satoshi Mod, Kenwood Stereo System, Gibson catback system , Painted Steelies, Offroad Lights, Fatbob's spacer lift
    Welcome to Tacoma World Chingy.

Personally I'd go with the LCE header. it looks much cleaner under the hood to me. Any intake you want will make it alittle louder, but CAI with sealed Filter boxes, like the stock intake or Volant, are the best. They don't suck in hot air as easily as open filter boxes. After the Mods I've done to my truck. I feel a "harder pull" when i stomp on the gas. a URD MAF sensor calibrator would help the computer the 2TR uses maximize the power. I will be putting 31's on mine with 4.10 gears to keep the factory ratio so my gas mileage doesn't go down the drain. The Technical discussion threads help out alot or ask other TW members that have already done some of the Mods you want to do. I doubt any guy on here wouldn't complain when it comes to "bragging" about their truck. Start small and work your way up. I'm gonna finnish my interior and other little power Mods before any suspension work takes place :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top