1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need some help with speakers and crossovers

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Blaise22, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Jan 24, 2010 at 1:32 AM
    Blaise22

Blaise22 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blaise
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner trd offroad
    Camburg 4.0 race spindles, coilovers, 285/75/16 Yokohama Geolanders mounted on 16" KMC Hoss wheels, Aero Turbine 2525
    Ok so I have decided that my speakers are falling way behind my kicker sub. Im not looking for anything crazy, I came across this set up below. Will I be able to run all of this off of the headunit which is 40x4 rms, I dont want to install another amp and run all this new wiring I just want to be able to plug these things into the stock wiring. I am also confused about the crossover I know it filters out lows and highs but i dont know where it installs. My setup right now is a 10" kicker cvt wired up to an alpine M450 all controlled by a clarion vz409.

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-DB6501-6-5-Inch-Component/dp/B000P0R6LQ/ref=pd_sim_e_1

2. Jan 24, 2010 at 9:04 AM
    Kevin20

Kevin20 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma
    Complete Stereo Upgrade, Python 991 remote start, security, and aftermarket door locks, K&N cold air intake, cherry bomb dual out muffler, sway away 2.0 coilovers and skyjacker 3 inch leaf springs
    Well if you are looking for a plug and play from those speakers i wouldn't. the crossover goes between the source of music and the speakers. So you would have one pair of wires go into it and 2 pairs come out. one would go to the tweeter and the other woud go to the mid bass. Those speakers are rated at 100 watts rms so if you want them to function to the best of their potential i would amp them.

Products Discussed in

To Top