1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need some opinions from you experts!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ETaco23, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Jul 25, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    The other day I went hiking with some buddy's and my bro. Well we descided to take my bro's new Impreza, not thinking the road to get to the trail head was ganna be that bad.... Well, it was.

He got some clear coat scratch's i can remove no problem. But, He hit his front bumper in some dirt and rock, and it gots some deep scratch's and gouges.
    So I was wondering how I could help him fix it... Will it be too hard to match the paint? or can it be done by wet sanding, maybe need some filler, and use a color match paint, and then clear coat?

Thanks for any insight/help!

2. Jul 25, 2011 at 11:19 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    Paint is a hard thing to do in a home setting. Anytime you start using filler you will need a decent feel for high/low spots and you will need to sand it down almost perfectly or every imperfection will show in the paint. From spraying to keeping out fisheyes to getting an even coat of clear that's not too wet or dry, there are quite a few things that can go wrong. From personaly shaving my tailgate to dealing with a metal jeep bumper ramming into my bedside in my opinion if you want a professional, clean looking repair job you have to give it to a professional. Sorry.

Products Discussed in

To Top