1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Some Son Advice?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Forster46, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Jun 7, 2012 at 9:38 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 [OP] Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Not really sure how to title this one. Tuesday is my dads birthday, he will be 48. Wanna do something cool for him since I never really do. Here's the catch
    - I am pretty much broke
    - He lives an hour away
    - He is loaded and can afford anything he ever needs, impossible to shop for the guy

I was planning on driving down tuesday and showing up at his work and surprising him, but I don't know after that. I mean he goes to lunch everyday already so that wouldn't be very fun for him.

Any ideas would be much appreciated guys!

2. Jun 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM
    jeckel7234

jeckel7234 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Add-a-Leaf, Leveling Kit, 31.5 Nitto Grapplers, Mag-Lite Mod, Anit-Key in the ignition beep mod, Tail gate theft mod, Trifecta tonneau cover, washable cabin air filter,
    your bank acct info and a very long thought out letter telling him how awesome he is

3. Jun 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    That may be all I can do haha

4. Jun 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    That's the problem, I have no idea what to do.

5. Jun 7, 2012 at 10:25 PM
    jobrien

jobrien shit happens then you die

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ontario California
    Vehicle:
    2011 single cab base 4x4
    Bed mat, cleats, scangauge, new headlight bulbs, weather techs, more to come
    I'm pretty much in the same boat if you guys can figure something out that would be great

... Sorry didn't mean to thread jack

6. Jun 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Just spend time with him man. My pops, ever since I left home, always just enjoys talkin or doing something together. Doesn't matter what. Maybe something he would remember it by like a trinket of an inside joke or memory. Dads just wanna know their son looks up to them. Money don't mean jack next to that

7. Jun 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM
    IndigoTac07

IndigoTac07 Tortoise*

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma
    I would still take him out for lunch. While he does it every day, he doesn't do it every day with you. Then I'd just do what everyone else has said and have some quality time with him. If he's loaded like you say he is, he won't want anything tangible, gift like, if you know what I mean.

Take him off roading ;)

That is what I would do, as I sit in a simar boat :cool:

8. Jun 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    Just go spend the day with him and have lunch or dinner, enjoy the time you spend with him, im sure he will appreciate it..

9. Jun 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM
    aptech

aptech Jetfixer

Member:
    houston
    Vehicle:
    10 dc offroad
    toy teccoil overs 2.5 lift.600lb springs, allpro expedition leaf pack. cbi hybrid bumper, cbi slider,cbi rear bumper swing arm, roof rack ghostflames, sport hood, tsb steering, trd cai, red map lights, derp works custom platform for bed. backup cam any time mod, fog light any time mod. bed light mod. 400watt inverter mod. 2857516 dura tracs. beach sand intsall and a lot more shite
    maybe talk to him and say hey a have this whole day set aside for you would like to do anything. the quality time would be the most precious gift. if he declines or sets another date then thats ok too the thought and effort is what counts. money isn't everything. my 2 from a sons prospective.

10. Jun 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM
    1C271

1C271 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Just spend time with him. Go to a movie, play minigolf, bar-b-q some steaks and drink if you guys drink. My dad died unexpectedly when I was 26, I'd give anything just to sit and talk with him for an hour...

11. Jun 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    Casey05Taco

Casey05Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Penngrove, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Prerunner
    trd seat covers, bed mat, tinted windows, debadged, mud flaps removed, tinted tails, blacked out center console, Black Rims, 6000k HID in highs and fogs, blacked out front emblem, Pioneer AVH-4300DVD, Gauge Cluster, lower valence, retrofitted, audio system, Maxtrac Spindles, Billies
    This^ i feel the best you could do is just be with him, the surprise will be nice also

12. Jun 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Like everyone else said just go hang out with him. Since I've moved out I can tell that my dad has missed me, as I do to him. Even when he has to go to work at 4am he will wake up and Skype with me and my mom when I get off work at 10. A little lunch or something will go a long way. I took my dad to lunch at Hooters just me and him last weekend and picked up the bill he was happy with that, especially a free meal.

Products Discussed in

To Top