1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need to change front wheel bearings

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by timdiddy, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Jul 21, 2020 at 10:00 AM
    TexasWhiteIce

TexasWhiteIce Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2022 White DCLB SR5 - Blackout
    Don’t fall for the hype... just buy a dorman off Amazon and call it a day.

2. Jul 21, 2020 at 10:01 AM
    Taco Wake

Taco Wake Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    The new part does reset the lifetime warranty. Sounds like neither your friend nor the worker could be bothered to read the warranty. Here is autozone's warranty:

Warranties - AutoZone Limited Warranty (United States Only)
    If a part fails during the warranty period shown on your receipt, bring the part to any AutoZone store and you will receive a replacement or refund. Warranty excludes damage caused by misuse, abuse, other faulty parts, improper installation or off-road, commercial or marine use. Warranties on replacement parts cover the unused portion of the original warranty or 90 days, whichever is longer. Warranties expire when you sell your vehicle.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY REPRESENTS THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF AUTOZONE, FOR ANY PART OR PRODUCT. AUTOZONE MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AUTOZONE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.

Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or exclusion or limitation on incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

All of AutoZone's parts, except those mentioned above, are covered by our Limited Warranty. The length of AutoZone's Limited Warranty varies with each part. To determine the length of the Warranty on your part, please look-up or search for Parts or Accessories.​

(emphasis added)

https://www.autozone.com/company/terms/azLimitedWarranty.html

3. Jul 21, 2020 at 10:06 AM
    Taco Wake

Taco Wake Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    I agree. I also saw lots of posts about counterfeit Koyo bearings (I believe Koyo is what most of these services offer). Counterfeit bearings using a pressing service worried me (not that a member on here would knowingly sell counterfeit bearings, but they could be duped too).

TexasWhiteIce[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Jul 21, 2020 at 6:15 PM
    05Taco4x4

05Taco4x4 ToyotaHubs

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2TR-FE Enthusiast
    FJ Tcase, Manual Hubs, 2017 Head unit, Mirror Riser
    I use NSK bearings from a nationwide distributor that buys directly from the manufacturer, so there's no misunderstandings about my service.

Grossomotto and RadRed06 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top