1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need to convince the wife

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by krap22, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Oct 21, 2011 at 3:47 AM
    G scott04

G scott04 ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Mesa
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    Why do girls hate evrything and think everything is a bad idea

2. Oct 21, 2011 at 4:37 AM
    05 TRD Sport

05 TRD Sport She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.

Member:
    30 minutes south of Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    Red Prerunner AC
    I got a S&W .45 for my wife. I think it was a pretty good trade.

3. Oct 21, 2011 at 4:39 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!

^^ This

4. Oct 21, 2011 at 4:49 AM
    ckeeton

ckeeton Bazinga

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Trd Sport Gray
    trd sport with avid off road light bar, avid rock sliders. OEM roof rack, 12' LED light bar, and Sock monkey decals.
    i have found its easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

5. Oct 21, 2011 at 4:58 AM
    Jojack

Jojack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Lacassine LA
    Vehicle:
    2011 4 door long bed 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 at 2.5", 1" rear blocks, TSB 4 leaf pack, Wolf Springs Fab Custom tube bumper, anytime fog light mod
    Your wife said she wouldn't be comfortable with a gun in the house. I read somewhere that carrying a gun (or gun inhouse for that matter) isn't necessarily gonna be comfortable but maybe a little comforting. IMO it's better to have it and not need it rather than to need it and not have it. One way to do it is just buy one and tell her that it's only for your protection and you would not use it to protect her bc you wouldn't want to make her uncomfortable. Obviously not true but might help to get your point across :)

6. Oct 21, 2011 at 5:11 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Have her watch the History channel for the all apocalypse shows. That'll convince her. At least it convinced my wife. I want sliders and she wants another gun. Either way, I win.

7. Oct 21, 2011 at 5:12 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Ok, I know I'm going to catch hell for this. But I don't get the "need" to have a gun. I'm not a liberal or would I ever deny anyone the right to own guns. I have alot of friends who have alot of guns. So don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. Does everyone live in that bad of an area that you need to carry a gun? I like guns, I go shooting with buddies of mine. But I don't own one or carry one. And guess what, I feel fine. I'm not afraid for my life. I live in a good neighborhood, but work in a shitty one, there are shots fired near my place of work on a weekly basis. I still don't feel the need to have a gun.

I know everyone always says its better to have it and not need it that to need it and not have it. But do some people live in that much fear every where they go?

Ok and go!:crapstorm:

8. Oct 21, 2011 at 5:15 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Everyone has a right to their opinions. My big thing is I'm deployed 4-6 months at a time. It's a peace of mind knowing that someone tries to bust in at my home, my wife knows how to protect herself.

9. Oct 21, 2011 at 5:20 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    I get that, my wife is not a gun person at all. So even if I had to leave she wouldn't want one.

10. Oct 21, 2011 at 5:34 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Neither was mine when we first met. She thought guns and trucks were for rednecks. Now, she loves both. Who would have thought.:D

11. Oct 21, 2011 at 5:37 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    Ha ha, nice. Thank you for your service by the way. Be safe over there.

12. Oct 21, 2011 at 5:48 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    not killed by insurance :facepalm:, people HAVE been killed by cars, had their cars broken into and stolen/things stolen out of them...that’s what insurance is for.

A gun can be a form of (life, property) insurance.

13. Oct 21, 2011 at 5:54 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...

I carry bc I have a wife and child and if anything were to ever happen I would want to be able to protect them. I feel like it is my duty as a father and husband.

It doesnt matter where you live or work, crazy assholes are everywhere!

14. Oct 21, 2011 at 5:56 AM
    T4C0MA

T4C0MA Well-Known Member

Member:
    x2 ^^

Edit:

^^ This also. My wife wan't very comfortable until I took her to the range a couple of times and taught her weapons safety. Now I feel more comfortable even when I'm gone, knowing that she's better able to protect herself.

15. Oct 21, 2011 at 6:04 AM
    tacomalex

tacomalex Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    WV
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 2.7l 4x4
    plasti dip engine
    Am I the only person weirded out by people like the op's wife? (no offense)

I grew up around guns, my mother grew up around them, my father grew up around them. Everyone I met when I was a child in Tennessee had guns in their cars, living rooms, it was just a part of life. Once I moved out to Texas though it was a bit different (being around gangs and such the suburban middle class crowd sheltered their kids and said "guns kill people")

The way I see it is if someone comes into your home with a gun, you gotta fight fire with fire. As everyone has said get her comfortable with it. The only time guns are dangerous is when their in the hands of either someone who doesn't know how to handle it, or someone who knows how to handle it all too well and has bad intentions.

16. Oct 21, 2011 at 6:09 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    Believe me I know that. I have a wife and child also. Still really don't feel the need to carry. I want to protect my family and would do so if I had to just like the next guy.

17. Oct 21, 2011 at 6:24 AM
    Jojack

Jojack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Lacassine LA
    Vehicle:
    2011 4 door long bed 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 at 2.5", 1" rear blocks, TSB 4 leaf pack, Wolf Springs Fab Custom tube bumper, anytime fog light mod
    It is everybodys personal choice whether or not to defend themselves. It's by all means legal in my state to have guns in home, truck, or even on my person with proper license. If you have enough trust in people that you think nobody would ever harm you because you live in a safe place and you're a nice guy then you might need to rethink the situation. You ever met a crazy person? You can't predict their actions. I don't care if you carry or not. None of my business. I carry for me and mine. The way I see it, it's legal so why the hell not!

18. Oct 21, 2011 at 6:31 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    I really don't trust anyone that I don't know. And I have met alot of crazy people. Hell I'm related to some crazy people. I deal with crazy people all day long for my job. And I'm not saying its illegal, just wonder the mentality of feeling like you need one everywhere you go. Almost like always living in fear.

19. Oct 21, 2011 at 6:47 AM
    Jojack

Jojack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Lacassine LA
    Vehicle:
    2011 4 door long bed 4x4
    Well it's not living in fear. To me it's knowing it's there if I need it. In my occupation I manage and operate a butcher and speciality meats shop. Often times I'm there alone. Early in the morning, sometimes late at night. I live in a small town, little to no crime. I also have a fire extinguisher in the cabinet if my kitchen. I don't expect nor am I scared of a fire. But if there is one, at least I have the option to put it out. Also, I carry concealed. If you walked into my shop you'd have no idea I was carrying. I don't try to push my ideas on those that oppose but am more than happy to discuss the reasons why I do carry.

20. Oct 21, 2011 at 6:54 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    I keep a fire extinguisher also. But I don't carry it incase I see a fire. Maybe I should. And I'm not opposed to carrying a gun. I just wonder why people feel the need. I would see it more if you lived or worked in a bad area.

Products Discussed in

To Top