1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need your thoughts, from a non-taco owner

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Minarets, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Mar 6, 2009 at 7:09 AM
    Minarets

Minarets [OP] New Member

Member:
    hey guys, great site.

thanks for any help or feedback.

i am in sales and drive about 50k miles a year. i have a wife and 3 year old and also carry 4 folks fairly often for work. i often carry equipment for my work and also would like to haul stuff rom time to time. let me qualify that...light hauling. like trash and household items when needed instead of borrowing someone's truck.

whatever i do get, it is my office. id like to be comfy and i listen to a ton of music since i am in the vehicle often. so the upgraded JBL is a must. how is it by the way? i am not an aftermarket kinda guy, but want some pretty good sound.

again, i drive like 50k a year, and everything i have read, this vehicle seems pretty bullet proof. long lasting, few problems. a cover would be a must , but that will come later.

i know most of you take this off-roading and beat your up, but i wont be. it will be a interstate warrior, but also would prove to be a weekend hauler and family rig.

do yall see a Tacoma as a good fit? please, your thoughts?

thanks for any help

2. Mar 6, 2009 at 7:14 AM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Well you could go w/a d/c truck or if you want allot of room, look into a Tundra. Either way Toyota is a great product and should meet your needs. Good luck! :)

3. Mar 6, 2009 at 7:18 AM
    NicksRig

NicksRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    Sounds to me like you need a Taco. Get the DC LB and you will be good to go :thumbsup:

4. Mar 6, 2009 at 7:19 AM
    gonzo6up

gonzo6up Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle Tn
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma SR5 4x4 sport
    tint/ vent visors/ seatbelt chime mod/ DTRL Mod
    I have an 09 DC Tacoma and i to drive a lot with customers and vendors not to mention the wife and 2 yr old little girl. We have taken several long trips so far as a family and on buisness and the Tacoma suits me great for comfort, room and reliability. I wouldn't have anything else. just my .02

5. Mar 6, 2009 at 7:20 AM
    Minarets

Minarets [OP] New Member

Member:
    and a fellow Nashvillian?

6. Mar 6, 2009 at 7:28 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    I have a doublecab and I love the room. I can take myself my wife and a couple of friends and there is plenty of room and easy to park. My doesn't go off road, I have a motorcycle for that :D. I can haul anything from couches to bikes and everything in between and she does sooo good. I have the JBL on mine as it just happened to be on the truck I found, how much is the option? You may want to seriously want to look at how much you can get in aftermarket head units and speakers for that cost. The JBl is a little better than stock but honestly it will not blow the doors off. Either way welcome to the site :wave:, I hope you can find the info you are lookiing for. :thumbsup:

7. Mar 6, 2009 at 8:26 AM
    Minarets

Minarets [OP] New Member

Member:
    yall are peaking my interest.

thanks...keep em coming guys!!

8. Mar 6, 2009 at 8:30 AM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Dbl Cab Long Bed is litteraly calling your name right now. Its saying COME BY ME. Unless you are trying to haul heavy equipment then the Tacoma is the truck for you. I have used this truck for damn near everything and it has never let me down.

9. Mar 6, 2009 at 8:33 AM
    gonzo6up

Member:
    Middle Tn
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma SR5 4x4 sport

I'm not from Nashville but i'm up that way 5-6 times a month. I'm about 75 miles south of you in Lawrence county

10. Mar 6, 2009 at 8:34 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    why the long bed over the short bed?

11. Mar 6, 2009 at 8:36 AM
    gonzo6up

Member:
    Middle Tn
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma SR5 4x4 sport
    oh yea, Beaman Toyota of Nashville is where i got mine at and i highly recommend them as a dealer if you decide to go with a Tacoma.

12. Mar 6, 2009 at 10:03 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    If you dont need the long bed get the short bed. It depends on how much and how big of stuff you need to carry. I would say get a double cab for sure. And you should get the prerunner without the trd package...unless thats something you want. I have the JBL package and I honestly like it. It was there when i bought the truck. I too want a nice sound but didn't really want to switch to something aftermarket so the JBL option is working out just fine. Plus I like the stock look.

Products Discussed in

To Top