1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

needle in a....

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by mercerc, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Jun 25, 2015 at 8:11 AM
    mercerc

mercerc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Palmyra NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 D-CAB Black TRD Sport, JBL with Sat
    leveling kit, Cooper 255/80R17 tires on 4Runner rims, Leer cap, Ovtuned (not yet working), K&N filter, TRD catback, Riderite air bags
    hows this for a long shot....

anyone work for a company in central Va, Tn (anywhere) or Austin/San Antonio areas that uses IBM/Netezza as a big data database engine? That is my specialty and someday my wife is going to make me move to one of these areas. I primarily do applications development using Netezza as the database but I have been known to also be operations support for the Netezza databases.

My goal would be to stay with my company and work from home if/when I move but that is hit or miss. sometimes they let employees do that sometimes they don't. I am just trying to get an idea what it would be like to move if I had to find a job. Netezza is not an "every company has one" database so finding a fit will be interesting.

I fully expect this post to generate a bunch if "huh?" but who knows...

thanks

Cam

2. Jun 25, 2015 at 8:14 AM
    Lars

Lars Radio Active

Member:
    First Name:
    Lars
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tundra TRD RockWarrior
    Yes.
    I don't know anything about Netezza, but I can tell you IBM labs has a huge campus on the north side of Austin. And there are more tech jobs here than I can shake a stick at.

3. Jun 25, 2015 at 8:18 AM
    mercerc

mercerc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Palmyra NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 D-CAB Black TRD Sport, JBL with Sat
    leveling kit, Cooper 255/80R17 tires on 4Runner rims, Leer cap, Ovtuned (not yet working), K&N filter, TRD catback, Riderite air bags
    thanks.... good to know it is a tech hotspot... that would be my wife's "place to be"... I am not sure. we are taking a road trip in Oct when my boy graduates basic in Fort Sill.... we are planning on visiting her brother in Dallas area and shooting down to Austin for a day to poke around.

the reason I mentioned IBM is that they bought out Netezza a few years ago. Not sure that the campus would have anything to do with Netezza but not sure it would not either... worth checking into.

To Top