1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Never-ending waves of dust/dirt

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Unsunghero, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Jun 23, 2021 at 4:47 AM
    OrangeRa1n

OrangeRa1n Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston Area
    Vehicle:
    TRD-Offroad 2021
    Ah this is great advice. One of my family members has a targa from the 70’s and I cringe every time they use waterless wash, but it beats rust. The sheeting method works pretty good at getting dust off as well. Here’s a good guide on detailing:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AutoDetail..._detailing_products_the_bare/?utm_name=iossmf

100% on the dust is sandpaper thing. Sure, the Taco is a truck, but our paint is not very durable. You’d be surprised how much damage a little bit of sand in your pocket can do to whatever you put in it. I personally use the two bucket method to avoid working dust/mud/rock into the paint. Also, a microfiber glove works wonders and has cut down my wash time to around 20-30 mins including wax. For rims, engine bay, and other more durable surfaces, I use degreaser and agitate with a paint brush.

I live in the piney woods/country so tree sap, pine needles (high PH), bird crap, dust, pollen, mud, and other stuff gets on both my truck and coupe. The truck sits outside and goes around 4-5 weeks per waxing (quick hose down/sheeting method every 1-2 weeks without drying), and the coupe (garaged) every 3-4 months. My method might not work for you, but I have had great luck with it. In the end, there is no escaping the dust or wearing down of the paint, but you can reduce both. Chrisfix also has some pretty good videos on detailing cars on YouTube.

2. Jun 23, 2021 at 4:53 AM
    zoo truck

zoo truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 quicksand sr5 tacoma
    None
    Connecticut is just the same, plus an unlimited amount of bird poop. Looked at my truck the other morning....tonneau cover has been bombed well, and i don't even park it under trees or wires.

RedWings44[QUOTED] likes this.
To Top