1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New 2008 Regular cab SR5 4x4

Discussion in 'New Members' started by CometKat, May 2, 2008.

1. May 2, 2008 at 8:56 AM
    CometKat

CometKat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carson City NV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4X4 Regular Cab SR5
    I’ve already posted a few times but now I should introduce myself. I just picked up my new 2008 Regular cab SR5 4x4 yesterday. This is my first new vehicle ever. I’ve been driving a 1986 Toyota 4x4 truck for the last 20 years. The quality of the 86 made me a believer in Toyota. 188,000 miles and the worst thing that ever happened was a blown head gasket. I’m sure I could have stretched out many more thousands of miles but the truck has no power and is about as safe as driving around in a beer can. The first two priorities on the new truck are replacing the ugly steel wheels and installing a toolbox. I’m not sure what I’ll do after that. The main purpose of the truck is to haul my mountain bike in the summer and my skis in the winter. The truck had to look good also, and I think the Regular cab SR5 4x4 is the best looking Tacoma in the line. I would have considered the access cab but the extra 18 inches wouldn’t allow me to open the side door of my garage. Even the regular cab seems huge compared to my 86.

2. May 2, 2008 at 9:18 AM
    iwc3714

iwc3714 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    Bull bar, oem side steps and 18" Enkei
    Congrats on your new Taco. There is nothing like the smell of a new truck.:D
    Yea, they are a lot bigger, I have the Prerunner ac and it is pretty huge-I came up from a corolla.
    There are tons of wheels options. Go to www.discounttire.com is one example.
    Go luck on your mods. Post a pic or two of your shiny truck.

3. May 2, 2008 at 9:20 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Definitely need to post some pics. I love seeing the regular cabs in 4x4.

Welcome to the site.

4. May 2, 2008 at 9:27 AM
    Don G

Don G Old Goat

Member:
    Southern Tier New York
    Vehicle:
    "08" Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4X4
    Congratulations on the new Taco! !! No one needs to tell you how good they are:D Good luck and hope this one gives you the same reliable service as the last one! !!!

5. May 2, 2008 at 9:46 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Congrats on the new truck! damn 20 years in a truck??? the only vehicle that lasted that long in my family was a vw bug, my dad bought it new in 75 and passed to a cousin in 2001.... i bet the thing is still running somewhere.....

6. May 2, 2008 at 9:58 AM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    My wife bought her '87 Celica GTS brand new and won't part with it. Also just a head gasket....other than that perfect! Still fires right up like new! Don't forget that back then ALL Toyotas were built in Japan and shipped here.

7. May 2, 2008 at 11:31 AM
    CometKat

CometKat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carson City NV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4X4 Regular Cab SR5
    The entire garage smells like a new truck. I’m sure someday there will be a study that says these smells are actually bad for you.

I want the get some OEM 16”off road or 17”sport alloys. Anyone car to give an opinion on which one would look better. I think I’ll put some studded snow tires on the steel wheels for winter driving.

I’ll post some pics once I get it set up a little. Suffice to say it is somewhat boring to look at with the stock steel wheels.

8. May 2, 2008 at 11:33 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Alright, now you have to piss off your wife, so that you have an excuse to go sleep in the garage.

Products Discussed in

To Top