1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3rd Gen Tacoma Power Folding Mirrors

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2016-2023)' started by KTJO 4x4, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 2, 2019 at 7:25 PM
    KTJO 4x4

KTJO 4x4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OFF-ROAD 4x4 DCSB BARCELONA RED
    Nitro 4.88 Gears OVTune 1.05 91Oct DirtyDeeds Exhaust
    832D90B8-E62D-4F66-BBC8-DBF50F3DC4A5.jpg

Hi Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the 3RD GEN TOYOTA TACOMA (2016+) POWER FOLDING MIRROR Information and Ordering Thread. I originally was one of those that spliced into my factory wiring, but I found a new love for Plug-N-Play Harnesses. They just make your life so much easier when it comes to cleaning up your wiring. It not only makes for a professional installation, it is extremely easy to connect and disconnect whenever necessary.

Let me introduce myself for those of you that may not know of me. I own a 2017 Toyota Tacoma and I am a regular here on the 3rd Gen Forum. I first stubbled upon TacomaWorld when I ran into some transmission issues, yes go figure with my 3rd Gen. Thank god for this forum though. I was able to get all of my issues fixed by Toyota under warranty, as well as many other warranty items along the way. To keep a long story short, I started to do some research on my vision of building my own Power Folding Mirrors last November/December 2018 and have slowly been developing this mod ever since for the 3rd Gen Toyota Tacoma Trucks. I have been asked, I’m not sure how many times now, when I will be coming out with something for the 2nd Gen Tacoma Trucks, as well as for the 2nd & 3rd Gen Toyota Tundra Trucks. :notsure: Soon!!

It is time for the OFFICIAL RELEASE! Take a look at what I have to offer for the 3rd Gen Tacoma and let me know if you would be interested in ordering a Kit.

POWER FOLDING MIRRORS BY KTJO 4x4

A58D2987-D904-4C10-BFE1-DD919CD9E1C8.jpg

IMG_9912.jpg

PURPOSE - The purpose of this feature is to add motorized functionality to the Tacoma Mirrors. This is accomplished by adding an actuator inside the mirror and using the provided harness to plug into the factory wiring through the Driver’s Door and Mirror Adjust Switch.

Page 1.jpg

Second Page.jpg

Third Page.jpg

3RD GEN TACOMA PLUG-N-PLAY HARNESS

4DE54149-065E-4859-B514-4607B685C74D.jpg

SR5 PLUG-N-PLAY HARNESS

SR5 New Harness.jpg

*CHECK OUT KTJO 4x4 POWER FOLDING MIRROR INSTALL VIDEO*

https://youtu.be/iCZEFCrs5aA
    I hope you find this thread helpful and useful. I truly feel that everyone needs to be able to have this luxury with their mirrors with the push of a button! It’s crazy that it doesn’t come like that. I enjoy being able to help others out with this mod and I will continue to make these as long as there are individuals requesting them.Thank You for your purchase and support with the Power Folding Mirrors. It was a pleasure doing business with you. Enjoy your New Mod! - KTJO 4x4

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    TacoNesian, poroto, Steve_nm and 18 others like this.
  2. Mar 2, 2019 at 7:25 PM
    KTJO 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE:

OPTION 1 - “3rd Gen Power Folding Mirrors DIY Parts Kitfor those members that are willing and able to do so themselves, but just need the right parts. This is NOT a “Beginners” Kit. This Kit includes everything you will need to install inside your OEM Mirrors. Items include: Power Fold Actuator with Wires, Connection Plate, Replacement OEM Toyota Adjust & Fold Switch, OEM Switch Wire Harness, Power Fold Motor Switch Extension Harness, Automatic Control Box for the Folding Mirrors, and All Hardware needed for inside the your OEM Mirror Modifications. Again, this is NOT a 100% Plug-N-Play Kit. *You are REQUIRED to Drill three holes inside your hinge that matchup EXACTLY to the Power Fold Actuator at your Own Risk*

PRICE: $325.00 (FREE SHIPPING U.S.A.)

OPTION 2 - “3rd Gen Power Folding Mirrors Complete Setfor those members that are not wanting to take the time to mod their own Mirrors and would rather purchase them ready to install. This is the true “Plug-N-Play” Set of Mirrors. However, you will need to modify/be able to complete some wiring with the Automatic Control Box for the Folding Mirrors. This option offers two packages:

Package A: Complete Set (2016-19, with Non-Tech Package - Power Heated Turn Signal)

PRICE: $625.00 (FREE SHIPPING U.S.A.)

Package B: Complete Set (2016-19, with Tech Package - Power Heated Turn Signal Blind Spot Detection)

PRICE: $725.00 (FREE SHIPPING U.S.A.)

OPTION 3 - “3rd Gen Power Folding Mirrrors Complete Mirror Set Core Exchangefor those members that are not wanting to take the time to mod their own Mirrors and would rather purchase them ready to install. To qualify for this option you need to have the newer model mirrors and they need to be in GOOD/PERFECT working condition. This is the true “Plug-N-Play” Set of Mirrors. However, you will need to modify/be able to complete some wiring with the Automatic Control Box for the Folding Mirrors. This option offers two packages:

Package A: Complete Set (2016-19, with Non-Tech Package - Power Heated Turn Signal)

PRICE: $675.00 (Refund Opportunity of $150.00, MUST be Post Marked to be Returned within a Week AFTER they have been DELIVERED)

Package B: Complete Set (2016-19, with Tech Package - Power Heated Turn Signal Blind Spot Detection)

PRICE: $775.00 (Refund Opportunity of $250.00, MUST be Post Marked to be Returned within a Week AFTER they have been DELIVERED)

HOW DOES OPTION 3 WORK:

Step 1: You make the initial payment of either $675.00 or $775.00.
    Step 2: I send you a “3rd Gen Power Folding Mirrors Complete Set Core Exchange”
    Step 3: You install your New Set of Mirrors
    Step 4: You pay to ship your OEM Complete Mirror Set Back to Me
    Step 5: I will evaluate your mirrors when they arrive and if they arrive in GOOD/PERFECT working condition, I will then send you a Refund for either $150.00 or $250.00 so that I can start the process back up with another Forum Member.
    Step 6: Done!

*BONUS TACO MEMBERS*

I will be offering a ME-SO Customs Controller Bezel Switch Panel for those that do not want to modify their own OEM Window Switch Panel on the 3rd Gen Tacomas. This will not be included in the 3 Options above, but it may be purchased separately for $25. It is NOT a FULL Panel Replacement. You cut the hole in your Panel and Epoxy/Plastic Weld the NEW Controller Bezel. Again, this will hold the Replacement OEM Adjust & Fold Switch that is included in this Kit. Once the New Panel is secure, you just snap your New Switch into place!! You can get away with not having to Epoxy/Plastic Weld if you cut the hole nice and snug.

5EE4BC11-A35E-4098-9C75-AB3132F440B6.jpg

ACD49CE7-61EA-4043-BD6A-16747A699E2F.jpg

188B444E-A252-4924-9000-AD4273B08059.jpg

Pictured below shows the ME-SO Customs Controller Bezel installed on what would be your own OEM Window Switch Panel:

446A4C7B-2072-4EFB-A904-79E54EDCDF8A.jpg

Pictured below shows modification of my own OEM Window Switch Panel with Carbon Fiber Interior Accent:

D637A445-82A7-433A-845C-247B2B8EA753.jpg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Rainoffire, xola3que, HNLSFO1 and 2 others like this.
  3. Mar 2, 2019 at 7:26 PM
    KTJO 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Payment Options

Paying Online

Option 1
    PRICE: $325.00 (No Fee)
    PRICE: $335.02 ($10.02 Convenience Fee)

Option 2-Package A
    PRICE: $625.00 (No Fee)
    PRICE: $643.98 ($18.98 Convenience Fee)
    Option 2-Package B
    PRICE: $725.00 (No Fee)
    PRICE: $746.96 ($21.96 Convenience Fee)

Option 3-Package A - Potential Refund Opportunity $150
    PRICE: $675.00 (No Fee)
    PRICE: $695.45 ($20.45 Convenience Fee)
    Option 3-Package B - Potential Refund Opportunity $250
    PRICE: $775.00 (No Fee)
    PRICE: $798.46 ($23.46 Convenience Fee)

Place your order through PayPal, a Online Payment Service Provider, via credit or debit cards by either clicking the image above or using the links below.

PayPal Email: kjkelley24@hotmail.com

PayPal Link: PayPal.Me/KTJO4x4 - PRE-ORDER!

No Additional Fees:

If you select Sending to a Friend, you will be able to send your payment with no additional fees.

Convenience Fees:

You will be charged a convenience fee by PayPal for Selecting Paying for an Item or Service.

Keep in mind:

• Sales within the US 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.
    • International Sales 4.4% transaction fee plus a fixed fee based on currency received.
    • Once you have completed your transaction, it is always good to check your PayPal receipt to make sure that the correct Payment amount has been applied and confirm payment by sending a PM to @KTJO 4x4.
    • Online payments that are returned from your bank for any reason will be charged a return payment fee of $35. Please make sure to double-check your banking information before you submit your payment.
    You will need the following items when making your online payment:
    • The name of the item you will be purchasing so you can mention it in the Notes Section.
    • The amount of item(s) you are choosing to purchase (payment options and amounts are on the thread).
    • Forum Username.
    • Your credit card and shipping information.
    Paying on KTJO 4x4 Website

Option 1

PRICE: $335.02

Option 2-Package A

PRICE: $643.98
    Option 2-Package B
    PRICE: $746.96

PRICE: $695.45
    PRICE: $798.46

Our Website is available to you at all times and you can access it by clicking above. We are able to process Credit and Debit Card payments for your items of purchase with the above mentioned Convenience Fees. If you have any questions, you are able to chat with us and send us a message from the website. We typically respond within 24 hours.

Paying by Mail

Option 1
    PRICE: $325.00

Option 2-Package A

PRICE: $625.00
    Option 2-Package B
    PRICE: $725.00

PRICE: $675.00
    PRICE: $775.00

Please send only a check or money order, do not mail cash. Please remember to sign your check and apply the proper postage to the envelope.

Please make your check payable to:

KTJO 4x4

Mail all payments to:

KTJO 4x4
    74481 Larson Rd
    Rainier, Oregon 97048

Keep in mind:

• Paying by Mail with a check may take up to 2 to 4 weeks in order to process your payment. Once payment has cleared, your order will be processed.
    • Check payments that are returned from your bank as NSF for any reason will be charged a return payment fee of $35. If you cancel your order, and choose to not reorder, before you can order another product from me, this NSF fee will need to be paid in full before placing a new order. Therefore, please make sure to double-check your banking information before you submit your payment.
    Follow Us:

Facebook: @KTJO4x4
    Instagram: KTJO_4x4
    YouTube: KJ Kelley

Contact Us:

Email: KTJO4x4@outlook.com

Thank You for your Purchase! :spending:

KTJO 4x4

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    TheCatch, Rainoffire, HNLSFO1 and 4 others like this.
  4. Mar 2, 2019 at 7:26 PM
    KTJO 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    CURRENT ORDER LIST:
    1. @bdoan_22 - OPTION 3 PKG B TRD SPORT - SHIPPED

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  5. Mar 2, 2019 at 7:26 PM
    KTJO 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Gingerbeard Man and CRAZMEX like this.
  6. Mar 2, 2019 at 7:31 PM
    Mattchew

Mattchew Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Coquitlam, BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 tacoma TRD sport
    Toytec boss lift Ultralight racing adjustable UPC K&N cold air intake Magnaflow Catback exhaust All LED lights Oemassive headlights with HID LED pods in rigid fog light mounts 50" curved windshield LED Caliraised side shooter ditch mount LED Behind grill 30" LED SSO slimline bumper with LED bar and smittybilt x20 synthetic winch TED PRO taillights with diode dynamics brake as turn controller LED bed lights LED running board lights LED under hood light Line-x trifold hard tonneau cover Switchpros system Yaesu vhf radio
    Im in option 1

KTJO 4x4[OP] likes this.
  7. Mar 2, 2019 at 7:50 PM
    fatboyfirebass

fatboyfirebass Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blk TRD OR DCSB MT6 Prem/Tech Pkgs
    OV Tuned, S&B Intake, MBRP Dual black Cat-back, accumulator delete, URD SS, 2LM, SSO Hybrid bumper/Warn 10kSynthetic, Custom Car Grille, MESO Ultimate Turn Signal in KTJO Power Folding Mirrors, Genesis Dual Battery, BHLM with LED upgrade, Fog delete, Geko Bed & Underhood lighting, Rear camera anytime, Nav Block Override, 400W anytime w/ interior outlets, USB charging stations, DE-badged, TVD blackout kit, HiLux interior door handles, Hybrid SS/Delrin Shift Knob, Cali-Raised bed Stiffeners, Ultimate Tailgate Seal, "El Dorado" Dual-quad horns, Diamondback HD cover, Mobtown engine/trans skid plates, RCI control arm skids, JLT oil catch can, Meso overhead Hex rack.
    I'd like to hear a little more about option 3. package B. is there a follow up charge after the deposit?
    Because if not, it seems cheaper than option 2 but with the same outcome

KTJO 4x4[OP] likes this.
  8. Mar 2, 2019 at 8:03 PM
    TacoTruck808

TacoTruck808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu in the Aloha State!
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB, Prem & Tech Pkg, MGM
    I am in for option #1 but have a question. Is the switch Included in this kit the one for the door and i will need to cut out the hole for the power mirror switch? Will you have detailed instructions for this kit? Template for the door switch panel to cut? Thanks.

KTJO 4x4[OP] and Mattchew like this.
  9. Mar 2, 2019 at 8:11 PM
    KTJO 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    There will be an installation guide that comes with it and there will be a cutout for you to help guide you with the modification that is needed to your switch panel. Already in the works my friend! I gotcha!

TacoTruck808[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Mar 2, 2019 at 8:14 PM
    KTJO 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Ok. So Option 3 where I send you a set of mirrors. You install them and you send me your OEM Mirrors back. You save money on this option because you give me your OEM Mirrors. Whereas in Option 2, it’s more money because you get a new set but you also keep your OEM Mirrors. Which means, I am out a set of mirrors and need to purchase another set. So option 3 saves me time and I get OEM Mirrors back. Obviously the OEM Mirrors need to be in Good condition!

r1200gs4ok and OriginalMan like this.
  11. Mar 2, 2019 at 8:17 PM
    fatboyfirebass

Member:
    Vehicle:
    OV Tuned, S&B Intake, MBRP Dual black Cat-back, accumulator delete, URD SS, 2LM, SSO Hybrid bumper/Warn 10kSynthetic, Custom Car Grille, MESO Ultimate Turn Signal in KTJO Power Folding Mirrors, Genesis Dual Battery, BHLM with LED upgrade, Fog delete, Geko Bed & Underhood lighting, Rear camera anytime, Nav Block Override, 400W anytime w/ interior outlets, USB charging stations, DE-badged, TVD blackout kit, HiLux interior door handles, Hybrid SS/Delrin Shift Knob, Cali-Raised bed Stiffeners, Ultimate Tailgate Seal, "El Dorado" Dual-quad horns, Diamondback HD cover, Mobtown engine/trans skid plates, RCI control arm skids, JLT oil catch can, Meso overhead Hex rack.
    I know this is more work for you, but for only 120 bucks more than option 1, this sounds like the way to go, especially if I can keep my MESO blinkers. lol.

KTJO 4x4[QUOTED][OP] and MESO like this.
  12. Mar 2, 2019 at 8:26 PM
    Rainoffire

Rainoffire Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 QS DCLB TRD Sport
    If we chose the third option of sending you a unit then we send ours, does it come without the turn signals and paint match cover?
    I would suspect those being unneeded, since some of us have meso turns on ours.

HNLSFO1 and KTJO 4x4[OP] like this.
  13. Mar 2, 2019 at 8:40 PM
    uploadadventure

uploadadventure It’s all @ColoradoTJ’s fault

Member:
    Dixon, Mo
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue Tacoma TRD OR (sold) 05 Duramax
    What’s the Meso window switch panel?

I’m interested

KTJO 4x4[OP] likes this.
  14. Mar 2, 2019 at 8:45 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    Interested, just want to see these in action first. I'd also like to see that MESO window switch panel. Looking forward to the updated posts.

KTJO 4x4[OP] likes this.
  15. Mar 2, 2019 at 9:00 PM
    TacoTruck808

Member:
    Oahu in the Aloha State!
    Vehicle:
    PM Sent.

KTJO 4x4[OP] likes this.
  16. Mar 2, 2019 at 9:00 PM
    Bosco944

Bosco944 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
    In for option 1, sending money and PM now. Great work!

KTJO 4x4[OP] likes this.
  17. Mar 2, 2019 at 9:10 PM
    Oscar I

Oscar I No longer a toyota driver

Member:
    Exciting stuff

KTJO 4x4[OP] likes this.
  18. Mar 2, 2019 at 9:12 PM
    fatboyfirebass

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Option 3, package B.
    PM and payment on the way

KTJO 4x4[OP] likes this.
  19. Mar 2, 2019 at 9:15 PM
    TacoTruck808

Member:
    Oahu in the Aloha State!
    Vehicle:
    PM and Payment sent for Option #1.

:spending::yes:

KTJO 4x4[OP] likes this.
  20. Mar 2, 2019 at 9:21 PM
    HolyReptar

HolyReptar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bry
    Thousand Oaks
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Some Bolt ones here and there
    Are you going to make anymore of these later?

HNLSFO1 and KTJO 4x4[OP] like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top