1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new 4-runner 4x4 switch back plate

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by brant_trd, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Jun 6, 2007 at 4:17 PM
    brant_trd

brant_trd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jasper, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Tacoma
    Black Headlight Mod, Nightshaded Taillights, Grillcraft Speed Grille, Revtec 3 inch leveling lift kit, 2-tone Coverking seatcovers, TRD intake and exhaust, back cats removed, secondary air filter removed, custom TRD stripes down the sides of tacoma, debadged, and H.I.D. 10,000 degrees headlights and foglights
    Has anyone did the 4x4 illuminated mod, well you that did it know that you buy the 4-runner switch and take the light housing and bulb out of it and mod your own switch with that. I got the thinking if I bought a $110 switch, I'm gonna use it and not just the bulb and light housing.
    First, I plugged the 4-runner switch in the stock wiring harness and it fits and works. Then all I need is a backing piece to make it look stock to the average Joe.
    I have a friend that builds and designs stuff like this. We worked with, modeled one and measured it. We printed it off and it looks good for the first one. The prototype has a few minor defects, on the bottom corner and seem not to be thick enough yet but I'll try to post pics soon.
    If I get this looking good is anyone interested.

2. Jun 8, 2007 at 5:46 AM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Does it illuminate the same color and intensity as the rest of the dash lights? Dim with rest of the dash lights?

I would like to see pictures, but the short answer to your question, is if your product looks completely stock, then I'd be interested.

Thanks

3. Jun 8, 2007 at 9:20 AM
    brant_trd

brant_trd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jasper, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Tacoma
    Black Headlight Mod, Nightshaded Taillights, Grillcraft Speed Grille, Revtec 3 inch leveling lift kit, 2-tone Coverking seatcovers, TRD intake and exhaust, back cats removed, secondary air filter removed, custom TRD stripes down the sides of tacoma, debadged, and H.I.D. 10,000 degrees headlights and foglights
    Yes it does light up the same intensity and looks stock, I mean know one could tell inless they owned a 4x4 tacoma. I'll post pics later on today or Sunday, whenever I get time.

Products Discussed in

To Top