1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Alarm...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by t-frax, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Jun 9, 2008 at 2:50 PM
    t-frax

t-frax [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRUNNER TRD Sports Pkg, Black
    Pop&Lock, Bakflip, spare tire lock, folding hitch step, alarm, n-fab steps, more to come hopefully
    Probably doesnt count much or at all as a mod but just got a new alarm on my tacoma. I got the Clifford brand who also makes viper. the guy threw in all these extra tweeks like turning on the headlights and radio via remote. originally had the factory alarm when i was buy and told the dealer to take that out cause $500 for a stock alarm that doesnt do anything is a huge rip. mine only cost $300 (that includes the install) plus all those extra tweeks along with a hood latch sensor.

Also why i was there he mentioned about the cat converter theft i've heard about on the news. i guess its big here in cali. they steal it for the metals in the cat. he told me to take it to the local muffler shop and get a simple spot weld for like $10. think i will take his advice. anyone else heard of this?

2. Jun 9, 2008 at 3:04 PM
    BlueSilver

BlueSilver Wave rider

Member:
    Nice job. The alarm and 3-way (sound deadening undercoat, paint sealer and interior scotchguard) are 2 of the ways they rip your ass off. Its almost 100% commission for the salesman and can ALWAYS be negotiated. (it costs THEM to remove the alarm).
    When I was a detailer for a dealership, we charged anywhere from $600 to $3000 to do a 3-way and it used maybe 20 bucks worth of material plus less than $100 in labor. It's all profit and completely negotiable. I saw a lot of rip-offs.

Products Discussed in

To Top