1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New and NEED HELP!!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by truesol3, May 5, 2011.

1. May 5, 2011 at 7:00 PM
    truesol3

truesol3 [OP] Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Hello. Just got an 09 tacoma with fox shocks on them and dont know anything about them. I would like to know if i can lift my tacoma without replacing the shocks that i already have.

2. May 5, 2011 at 7:02 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Do they have adjustable collars on them? How high is it already lifted? You can find the lift height by measuring the center of the axel to the bottom of the fender.

3. May 5, 2011 at 9:59 PM
    truesol3

truesol3 [OP] Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    thanks chris ill def try that tomor..and as far as the shocks go they look like this with no resovoir
    [​IMG]

4. May 5, 2011 at 10:02 PM
    yotabeast505

yotabeast505 The Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    NE Hights ABQ NM
    Vehicle:
    THE BEAST
    here we go. Ford 9" rear after breaking 5 sets of gears in the stock yota 8.8, 5.13 gears with a detroit hard locker, 63" chevy leafs and custom hangers, sky's front spring hanger with sky's extream hysteer and PSC hydro assist ram and PSC pump. welded front spyders in the f-550 front dana 60 with warn hubs, pico brake lines and hoses, elecrtic fan, TRD supercharger with URD 2.1 Pully, URD Map-ECU2 and cage built by me. wide band a/f by inovations, lots and lots more...........
    see the bottom of the spring sitting on the collor? see the thread on the shock body? if you screw the collor up the shock body it will put more load on the spring lifting the truck... but after you do this it will need to be re aligned

5. May 5, 2011 at 10:23 PM
    truesol3

truesol3 [OP] Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    thanks david. so once i screw the collar up do i need to do anything else besides get it alligned? or will it work just like that. someone also said i may want to get an add a leaf for the rear. whatre your thoughts

6. May 9, 2011 at 1:03 AM
    yotabeast505

yotabeast505 The Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    NE Hights ABQ NM
    Vehicle:
    THE BEAST
    here we go. Ford 9" rear after breaking 5 sets of gears in the stock yota 8.8, 5.13 gears with a detroit hard locker, 63" chevy leafs and custom hangers, sky's front spring hanger with sky's extream hysteer and PSC hydro assist ram and PSC pump. welded front spyders in the f-550 front dana 60 with warn hubs, pico brake lines and hoses, elecrtic fan, TRD supercharger with URD 2.1 Pully, URD Map-ECU2 and cage built by me. wide band a/f by inovations, lots and lots more...........
    depends on how you want it to look and how high you go up in the front. if you want to level it after then yes add a leafs NO BLOCKS just in case you even thought about them lol but that should be it just be careful with cv angles and ball joint angles... if they look like they are binding its too high. make sure to check both top and lower balljoints. your cv shafts will also be a weaker link unless you do a diff drop depending on how high you go. camburg makes a nice upper controle arm with a uni ball in it for more angle and longer travel. but not sure about the bottom

Products Discussed in

To Top