1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Battery and now NO Radio

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by chazzy, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Aug 11, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    chazzy

chazzy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jasper, GA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Taco
    Step bars so far.
    Hey Guys,

The battery in my 2006 Tacoma died yesterday. I tried a jump start to no avail so I got a new battery. After the new battery installation I tried to turn the radio on as well as my XM radio which is plugged into the aux. plug but nothing. I checked the fuses under the hood and dash but they looked good. I checked the plug on the xm and the fuse was blown so now I'm thinking something might have happened when I tried the jump start. :mad:

Is their an inline fuse to the radio other than the two fuses I checked in the fuse boxes or is there another fuse I need to be checking? I'm a little fried from the heat so I might be missing another fuse to check.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks
    Mike

2. Aug 11, 2010 at 3:13 PM
    2.7taco

2.7taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tan Tacoma Base 5 LUG: Beaten , abused and still running strong.
    Fat Bobs 2.75 lift and level with short AAL, 16x8 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, 245/75R16 Toyo Open Country ATII, custom trans shift kit(home made), Trans temp. and Vac gauge, URD fuel pump upgrade(going back to stock soon).
    I may be wrong but there are only 2 fuse boxes on the tacomas. One behind the coin tray near the driver side door. The other is under the hood. If all those fuses are good then it gets trickier. Does the truck have an amp? If so it may be burned out.

3. Aug 11, 2010 at 3:16 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    I had a bad fuse in my Tacoma and it looked ok. You may want to replace the radio fuses just in case.

4. Aug 11, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    Aside from the 2 fuseboxes I don't know where another fuse would be, but you can download the factory wiring manual from the link below.

5. Aug 12, 2010 at 6:43 AM
    chazzy

chazzy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jasper, GA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Taco
    Step bars so far.
    There are actually 2 fuses in the box under the hood. In my frustration and profuse sweating due to the heat here in Georgia I only saw and checked one of them. After chilling out last night I went back over the manual and found the second one and it was indeed blown so I swapped it out and now I can rock while driving instead of hearing myself think!! :D

Thanks for the help and suggestions!!

C'ya
    Mike

Products Discussed in

To Top