1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New bed rack pictures

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by korslite, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Jul 6, 2011 at 6:59 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    Amazing work.start making and selling them now

2. Jul 6, 2011 at 7:06 AM
    korslite

korslite [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    FOX 2.5 RR's, TC UCAs, TC Spindle Gussets, Allpro Expedition leaf pack, Fox 2.O RR w/ Comp adjusters, 17" ATX Artillery, BFG AT 285's, de-scooped, custom sliders, custom bedrack, Brute Force Fab bumpers, Smittybilt XRC8 winch, ARB locked Rear diff
    Thanks! It wasn't talent trust me. I've seen talent on this site. Just ability to follow directions mainly. I used the interwebz to learn to layout and bend tubing. Pirate4x4.com has an awesome tutorial called tube bending 101. I followed the instructions on that and the tube shark we have at work. Worked like a charm after messing the first hoop up! I wish I could make them and sell then. The next one would be a lot easier. I would have to quit my job to do that. Which would mean no more shop access... or money for bills..or mods.

3. Jul 6, 2011 at 7:09 AM
    O.C.

O.C. Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE PA
    Vehicle:
    90 DLX => 08 DC Offroad
    Nerf bars,Rugged cover Future: Vent shades,Bull Bar
    Looks sharp! Have fun on your trip. Hope is works as well as it looks.

4. Jul 6, 2011 at 7:13 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    I love how you don't really lose any bed space.

5. Jul 6, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    korslite

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    FOX 2.5 RR's, TC UCAs, TC Spindle Gussets, Allpro Expedition leaf pack, Fox 2.O RR w/ Comp adjusters, 17" ATX Artillery, BFG AT 285's, de-scooped, custom sliders, custom bedrack, Brute Force Fab bumpers, Smittybilt XRC8 winch, ARB locked Rear diff
    That was one of my goals along with adding some useable and sturdy tiedown points. The factory tie downs are no good unless your gear is higher than the bed rail. So I think having them lower will be useful. Plus they are WAY more stout.

6. Jul 6, 2011 at 7:22 AM
    Fire931

Fire931 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    Looks great! Nice design as well!!

7. Jul 6, 2011 at 7:26 AM
    korslite

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    Thanks that means a LOT coming from someone at ATO! Wish I had the skills to do what you guys and the other fab guys do! My truck would have a lot more steel bits if I did! In time...:D

8. Jul 6, 2011 at 7:28 AM
    fajitas21

fajitas21 XMF - Extreme Mexican Food fo Life!

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Collierville, TN
    Vehicle:
    4Runnerzzz
    Originally not Expo AF! Kinda Expo AF now...lame.
    Awesome work. I can't do much metal and welding, but I do carpentry. Just like you, when I do something like this I'm very proud, but the work that goes into it makes me only want to build just one :)

I'd love to have something like this for short bed, I guess I need to find out who can bend my rails and weld it up :)

Congrats man, looks amazing.

9. Jul 6, 2011 at 7:30 AM
    Fire931

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    That's one big ol' tent you got as well... Very nice!

We've done several bed racks now, including one on my own truck, but I like how you did this one.

The catch on these is how big they are, makes them almost impossible to ship.

10. Jul 6, 2011 at 7:36 AM
    korslite

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    Yeah we maximized on the tent since we have the long bed and the price difference is almost negligible when you are already shelling out the money for an RTT. Shipping would be terrible i'm sure! I'm thinking thats why allpro went with the bolt together design. I just envision egg shaped holes and lots of rattling after years of use. That didn't appeal to me at all.

11. Jul 6, 2011 at 7:36 AM
    LEX

LEX --- --- --- - ----

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    100 Series LC
    Looks great. Reminds me of the new Demello rack, but I like yours better.

12. Jul 6, 2011 at 7:38 AM
    korslite

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    It is pretty huge! haha
    [​IMG]

13. Jul 6, 2011 at 8:17 AM
    Fire931

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    Looks great!! Mine's a bit smaller... Plus I had to mount mine high enough to utilize the changing room underneath... Wish I could have mounted it lower though.

14. Jul 6, 2011 at 1:37 PM
    korslite

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    I was thinking it was going to be too low for a changing room until I actually set it up. I would be able to comfortably change in there slightly bent over. Still better than changing inside our cheap dome tent like we've been doing for yrs. I think I will order one up next year probably. It would be nice for times you are set up in one spot more than a night.

15. Jul 6, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    Fire931

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    Yea you should be fine tucked over a bit. I set mine up so I can totally stand up underneath it which is really nice. Ours also isn't the typically changing room, I have the covered entry tent and the changing room is fully enclosed even a floor. So we actually use the bottom room as an extension of the tent, that's where the kiddo and dog sleep.

16. Jul 6, 2011 at 1:48 PM
    korslite

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    That's a good deal. The wife and I were just talkin bout what to do with the dog now. She used to sleep in the tent with us. She hasn't spent a night outside really, always sleeps in the house with us. Think We'll just throw her kennel or dog bed in the bed and make her sleep in that. It was funny she was barking at us when we crawled in the tent to check it out. She wanted in. Oh well.

17. Jul 6, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    kbp68

kbp68 hey...I can change this!

Member:
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC/SB
    3" Pro Comp Lift/Level, ARB Winch Bumper, Superwinch UT3000,White Sport Grille, Bedliner'd rocker panels, Draw-Tite brake controller
  18. Jul 6, 2011 at 1:57 PM
    korslite

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    Hahaha. Man I wish i was set up to fab for you. It was a major deal for me to do my own in my spare time. I have to come out to work in my spare time after hrs and on weekends. Plus I'm not going to be able to drive in the facility for much longer as rules are changing that makes things more difficult. Sorry man, I don't weld aluminum either now that I think about it. I was looking at your thread and wondering where in B.C. you were located. I love it up there.

19. Jul 6, 2011 at 2:08 PM
    kbp68

kbp68 hey...I can change this!

Member:
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC/SB
    3" Pro Comp Lift/Level, ARB Winch Bumper, Superwinch UT3000,White Sport Grille, Bedliner'd rocker panels, Draw-Tite brake controller
    Okanagan Valley is the place to be in the summer. Come on up and check it out sometime!

20. Jul 6, 2011 at 2:10 PM
    korslite

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    I will be heading to Banff area this summer for a week. Never been to Okanagan Valley area. I've heard it is awesome. Most of B.C. is...

Products Discussed in

To Top