1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New bee with questions -- HI

Discussion in 'New Members' started by BlueYota, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Jun 25, 2009 at 10:50 AM
    BlueYota

BlueYota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arron
    South Texas, WAY south!!!
    Vehicle:
    Blue 06 4x4 TRD
    3" lift
    Hello to all!

Here is a question. I have a 06 4x4 v6 TRD Crew Cab that is currently sitting on 285/75 Dueler Revos, stock rims, strut spacer and a block in the back that leveled out the truck.
    I have seen a lot of your all's trucks with TC Uppers and some sweet coil over set up's. My question is; What benefits do I gain from upgrading my suspension system this way?

My current set up cost me about $250 shipped to my door so spending $2200 for new shocks seems a bit excessive. Most of my driving is on the road, about 95% on and 5% off and most of the stuff that I would encounter this far south in Texas is a sand dunes and mud. I would like to know that my truck is capable of more but I don't see my self signing up for a Baja race any time soon.

I am seriously just thinking of ording an Icon or Fox kit with all new shocks and UCA's but I want to make sure that its a good choice. Any recomendations on how and what I can do to further fix up my truck would be great.

Also, will my ride be better or worse on the road? Do I need to remove the strut spacer if I order new coil overs? Is the back okay with teh block for now? Will my towing be affected any? (boat aprox. 1200lbs)

Thanks to everyone in advance!:D

2. Jun 25, 2009 at 11:02 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Welcome to TW
    I am guessing you get alot of reply's to your post. It can be tough making the final call on what you want to get and how much to spend.
    For me first off what I did was check out members builds and see what they are running. Beside the answers you will get from this post, send a PM to who evers ride you have a question about. Most people here will give you a scream back on what they are running, plus the pro and cons of it.
    There is also a group buy for Toytec going on now, so check it out.

Sorry that this doesn't give you a complete answer, but there is alot of guys here that know way more than me.

Good luck

3. Jun 25, 2009 at 12:41 PM
    Padilla1880

Padilla1880 "Let's Ride!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad V6 SR5 PreRunner
    Benefits are for better offroading capabilities. Definitely check out others setups. See what they are running and see if it can fit into your budget. A lot are running the Bilstein 5100's Ride Height Adjustable shock/strut up front (imo is far better then a spacer lift). Others have opted to go with a beefier front suspension i.e. icons, fox, or kings coils and TC or Cam UCA's. AAL's in the rear with upgraded rear shocks.

Hope that helps some.

Check out www.downsouthmotorsports.com they have a great deal on the 5100's.

Products Discussed in

To Top