1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New bussiness

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Bart, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Jan 9, 2009 at 9:33 AM
    Bart

Bart [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Franklin,NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OFFROAD V6 4x4
    metra ipod
    I'm thinking of starting a small engine repair the shop's in my town charge way to much to fix lawn mower's and those type thing's my friend paid 175 for oil and filter change and blades sharped what do yall think is it a good idea or not.

2. Jan 9, 2009 at 9:39 AM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    Not sure about NC but down here it's an excellent idea. See if you can get some of the private owned lawn care businesses to sign contracts with you.

There's a lot of money to be made if you can do two-stroke too, doesn't seem to be too many shops down here that can handle them for some reason.

3. Jan 9, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    Bart

Member:
    Franklin,NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OFFROAD V6 4x4
    metra ipod
    We know how to do them too there kind of easy I talked with the same friend that got ripped off he sell appliances at lowes he say people are fixing there old appliances instead of buying new ones because of the economy so I assume that will go for lawn equipment as well.

4. Jan 9, 2009 at 11:29 AM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    I worked at Mike's Lawnmowers in Ocala FL as a small engine mechanic when I first moved down here. I always figured two strokes were easy too, it's either mechanically broken, gummed up, or the reeds are busted. But I was the only one of six mechanics there that could get one running!

If it snows where you're at cover snowblowers too. You'll get a bunch of business first snow from the people who don't know to use a fuel preservative, then again in the spring with lawnmowers from the same people.

5. Jan 9, 2009 at 11:39 AM
    Bart

Member:
    Franklin,NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OFFROAD V6 4x4
    metra ipod
    We don't have any snow blowers I'm 2 hrs north of ATL so not much snow.

6. Jan 9, 2009 at 3:15 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    If it will work for you, do it!! One thing though............"Keep good books"
    ie, record keeping

7. Jan 10, 2009 at 4:23 AM
    johneman

johneman Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    Sounds like a good idea:D. If you have any golf courses nearby you can see if they gas or electric carts and if they have gas ask the club for a chance to repair them.

Products Discussed in

To Top