1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New frame recall/ warrantee extension

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by diver john, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Apr 15, 2009 at 5:33 AM
    diver john

diver john [OP] Member

Member:
    Gloucester MA
    Vehicle:
    03 DBL cab TRD
    Volant intake, JBA headers,1st, cat MIA, Gigson cat back, Sprayed Bedliner, Eclipse6620, Sunroof, Toyo open countries, Full OME suspension, ARB front bumper, CBI off road rear bumper, yakima racks
    Since I'm working away lately. I brought my truck to the local dealership for an oil change. (I'd also never had any of the recall work done). The service writer asked if I'd recieved a letter concerning the frame recall. They have extended the mfg dates to include 01-04 tacomas They are also extending the frame warrantee to 15 years. My frame although it does have some rust on it was in good shape. (I did get a free ball joint job that I didnt need)

2. Apr 15, 2009 at 5:51 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Yes I heard/read here about this & saw it first hand at the dealership yesterday. A 01-04 tacoma's bed was sitting on pallets out back, the rusted frame was on the ground (pic from phone), cab of truck was on lift inside. I didn't see the new frame or the rest of the truck. This is in Vermont & the lot was full last Spring with all the buybacks tacomas, sure they will see a boatload of frame replacements with the salt used here. I actually think this may be someone's truck who posted here.

Glad yours made it :thumbsup:

frame.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top