1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New guy from Lake Conroe, TX area

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Buzzoff, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Feb 12, 2009 at 7:05 PM
    Buzzoff

Buzzoff [OP] Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in

Member:
    The Nickel/5th Ward
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Speedway Blue
    Blacked out windows, 5100's@1.75", KMC XD Hoss795 16x8
    Hi everyone, new guy from Montgomery, Texas (about 30 miles north of Houston). Although I am new to site, I am on my 2nd Tacoma. I just sold my 2003 silver Tacoma Xtracab Prerunner about 2 weeks ago. I put 161K miles on it and engine-wise it literally ran as good as the day I bought it brand new. I was sad to see it go.

I sold my 2003 Tacoma and my 2001 Harley Deuce with only one vehicle in mind....... a Speedway Blue double cab. No other vehicle or color was even considered. Ever since I saw my first speedway blue, I knew I would own one.

I searched high and low for an SR5 DC and happened to stumble across a DC TRD Off Road. Although the TRD had more options then I wanted (for that matter so did the SR5) such as bluetooth, towing package, and electrical outlet, among others I knew I had found the one.

My 2003 prerunner was the 1st automatic I had owned in awhile, but it had manual locks/windows and was pretty basic. So basically I went from a vehicle that had nothing on it to one with options I never thought I would have. So far I can't stop looking at it!!!!

The only issue I am having so far is the way it shifts. My 2003 drove more like a work truck and after 161K miles I was used to it. The 2009's gas pedal seems a little more sensitive. Sometimes after turning slowly or going over speedbumps, when I accelerate there seems to be an issue when it shifts from 1st to 2nd. It seems like it revs briefly (kind of like when you rev a vehicle in park or neutral) and then goes into 2nd gear. It's real brief and shifts seamlessly, not hard or anything. It only has happened a few times and I am beginning to think it's in my head. I have tried to duplicate it and it just drives regular. Anyone ever experience or heard of this? I'm just going to monitor it.......

Anyway I look forward to checking out the forums and excited about modding my new truck. I already added a bull bar (I know,,,not functional) b/c I liked the way it looked. I am also looking to add some N-Fab/Go Rhino Dominator II / Predator / Smittybilt nerf bars in stainless steel. If anyone knows of a member with these in stainless steel, pleaselet me know. I have searched and have only found photos in black or color matched. Thanks again, Buzz

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    DSCN0282_bddc764c82bf270f276d624591ce116bfec6d842.jpg

2. Feb 12, 2009 at 7:15 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Welcome from Phoenix. Great pics!

3. Feb 12, 2009 at 7:18 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Welcome to TW!

4. Feb 12, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    Welcome :wave:

Nice looking truck

5. Feb 12, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    Don G

Don G Old Goat

Member:
    Southern Tier New York
    Vehicle:
    "08" Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4X4
    Welcome to TW! ! ! :)

6. Feb 12, 2009 at 11:27 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    SWB Rocks!!:thumbsup: Slow shifting....Mine does the same thing. Welcome to TW.:wave:

7. Feb 13, 2009 at 2:59 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Welcome to TW :wave:

Products Discussed in