1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New guy from Missouri

Discussion in 'New Members' started by JR motard, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Sep 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    JR motard

JR motard [OP] Active Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Rolla/Kansas City, MO
    96 v6 4x4 Xtra cab tacoma
    Hey all, finally picked up a first gen tacoma after a few months of looking around. About a year and a half ago i decided to sell my e36 bmw and go moto-only. I went down to Tulsa and picked up a honda xr650r, and soon did supermoto swap, pumper carb, hotcam, etc. Its fun.
    Anyways, finally decided it was time for a 4 wheel vehicle again and went down to Barling, Arkansas and picked up this 96 xtra cab 4x4. It had everything i wanted: 4x4, 5speed, v6, and mainly a straight rust-free frame.

Heres the moto:
    And as with all new cars, first thing was to go out and do a photoshoot!

Now apparently this is a 96 cab and bed(220K), with a newer(180K) frame, suspension, and motor set.
    Has a 2in suspension lift, stock steelies, exhaust cut off at the axle, and mud terrains.
    Checked out the intake hose/intake mani and saw scary amounts of mud was baked on:( so i pulled it off and cleaned it out and got new gaskets and shes good to go.
    before vs. after

The bad part is the body has horrible bondo work all over, and was painted with a single stage paintjob. Buuuut i figure a new cab and bed can be swapped on pretty easily. Little rough on the outside but the vitals- the main, most important parts- are in good shape.

Also, harness has been kinda hacked, any idea what goes here?

Ive also got a high idle/clutch fan engaged 100% of the time issue i need to sort out.

Alright, thats it for my intro, hope to enjoy this truck as much as possible in the future.
  2. Sep 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Nov 29, 2009
    First Name:
    In a corn field, OH
    2001 4x4 5Spd Xtra Cab V6
    205k+ miles, 265/75/16 BFG A/T's, OME 881's, Wheelers 5 leaf pack, 5100's, Home Made Sliders
    Jelly of the street legal XRR.

To Top