1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New guy here looking at buying a Tacoma.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by T. REX, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Dec 4, 2010 at 12:42 AM
    T. REX

T. REX [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi Everyone! I am looking at buying an automatic, 4wd, crew/double cab Tacoma. I am also interested in an FJ. Any opinions are welcome on helping me make a decision. I love the look of the FJ and Tacoma, but I am thinking the Tacoma might be more useful in everyday life. I don't have kids, so that isn't an issue. I don't plan on off roading too heavy, but I do want something that can take on deep snow. Just to start it off.... What is your favorite 2011 Tacoma color?

2. Dec 4, 2010 at 9:41 PM
    Truckn4life

Truckn4life Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Iowa City
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4 Reg Cab SR5
    I say stick with Black or White. and get the taco! what do you expect us to say.

I ask you what does the FJ have or what can it do that a Taco cant?? In the end get the one you think will make you happiest.

3. Dec 4, 2010 at 10:17 PM
    especk

especk Nothin' Special

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    3" OME lift with 885 coils on nitrocharger 90000 shocks with 5mm trim packer on driver's side, TC UCAs, Rear OME Dakar leafs with nitrocharger shocks, All-pro U-bolt flip kit and 3* Toytec shims, extended rear brakelines, 16" Raceline Rockcrusher 887 wheels with 3.6" backspacking, BFG KM2 305/70/16 tires, Doug Thorley header, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Volant CAI with ram air, Weathertech floor mats, Kicker 12" sub, Kenwood 500W RMS amp, Relentless Fab front and rear bumpers, 4.88 gears, custom flatbed with swing out tire carrier
    white looks good, or silver. I gotta have a truck for throwin stuff in the bed: dogs, dead animals, muddy stuff, etc.

4. Dec 4, 2010 at 10:38 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    White! I love my double cab because it gives me the ability to hold 4 adults in comfort and I have the use of the pickup bed. The FJ was just too small for my needs. I like having the full 4 doors.

5. Dec 4, 2010 at 10:43 PM
    tiresmokintacoma

tiresmokintacoma Bean&Cheese Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    VIC
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 DCLB OR Prior: 99LX470/05DCOR97LX450/914R
    Basic
    SUPER WHITE!!!!! and double cab is great! the biggest mid size truck out there. I would sug the long bed. It holds a lot alot more than the short bed one. But sometimes i wish i had the short bed cuz the long bed is a bit big in tight spaces.

Products Discussed in

To Top