1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Guy Needs Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Toycoma06, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Dec 30, 2007 at 9:10 PM
    Toycoma06

Toycoma06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond Va.
    Vehicle:
    2016 tacoma 4x4 dbl. cab
    20% window tint, emblems removed, aftermarket grill, TRD Pro shift knob,4'' RC lift with BDS 2.0 fox rear shocks, 285x65r18 Nitto Ridge Grappler, 18x9 Monster Energy 540B 0mm offset, ...and more to come
    Hey everyone. I have been checking out all the info here. I own a '06 Black Access cab 4x4. This site has provided me with a plethora of awesome information. Thank you all. However I have got some questions that I am sure have been answered somewhere by someone but I'd be much obliged to have your input.
    I want to run an Ivan Stewart wheel with either a 285/75/16 or a 265/75/16. Going to install a 3" Toytec lift with diff drop.

So here are my questions :

Which tire will work best?

Given these 2 tire sizes, Do you have to run wheel spacers to clear the front?

Do you have to put the TPMS back on?

Is an add-a-leaf pretty comparable to getting the TSB done ?

Also does anyone have pictures of the set up I am inquiring about so that I may see it before I shell out money for something I may not like the looks of. Ha Ha

2. Dec 30, 2007 at 9:55 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    265/75/16 will fit with a stock suspension, and im pretty sure the 285/75 will work with the lift......although im sure someone who has done it will chime in for sure, but i think you can run either one without any major problems.

you dont have to put the tpms back on as there are ways around it.....this is from tundrasolutions, it was on tw also, just couldnt find it right away. and i will let everyone else answer about the rear leaf tsb and add-a-leaf, as im not really sure.

3. Dec 30, 2007 at 10:00 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    even IF the add-a-leaf was as strong and as much of an improvement as having the TSB done, the TSB is STILL FREE and that's the best part about it

4. Dec 31, 2007 at 6:26 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    I have 285/75 16's on mine. They only rub the UCA slightly (about an inch long section) with stock wheels. Spacers or different back spacing on the wheels will fix that issue.

The AAL is more or less comparable to the TSB I suppose, but like mentioned above the TSB is free. However, you may want a small lift for the front to level it out.

I just spent the $200 on a toytec spacer/AAL lift about 2 years ago to get the truck in the air, and I'll be replacing it with OME 886's, shocks and Dakars once I have the money. Since I had my AAL's in before the TSB, I never bothered taking them off and letting the dealership do the TSB.

5. Dec 31, 2007 at 2:50 PM
    Toycoma06

Member:
    Richmond Va.
    Vehicle:
    2016 tacoma 4x4 dbl. cab
    20% window tint, emblems removed, aftermarket grill, TRD Pro shift knob,4'' RC lift with BDS 2.0 fox rear shocks, 285x65r18 Nitto Ridge Grappler, 18x9 Monster Energy 540B 0mm offset, ...and more to come
    Thank you to all who have responded and even those who have yet to impart your infinite Taco wisdom on me.

One more question though :

Has anyone heard of any balancing issues with the Stewarts?

6. Jan 1, 2008 at 1:08 AM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    i have the 3" lift and i like the 285's better cuz it fills up the wheel well better..... just my $.02

7. Jan 1, 2008 at 2:08 PM
    Toycoma06

Member:
    Richmond Va.
    Vehicle:
    2016 tacoma 4x4 dbl. cab
    Very nice looking truck L Jackson ! Did you have any trouble at the alignment shop with that tire-wheel-lift combo?

8. Jan 1, 2008 at 4:14 PM
    L_Jackson

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    thanks! and as a matter of fact i did. some people are here helped me out by giving me the specs or deminsions or whatever of what my alignment should be.
    i took those numbers to the shop that did my alignment and they said "thanks, but those numbers won't do us any good. every car/truck is diff. and we just have to hook it up, blah blah blah and go from there"

i don't know enough about the subject to argue with them so i just let them do their thing.
    i know there are diff. specs, camber and a couple others. anyway, they said one part of my alignment was in the red, out of wack, and they could not adjust it to pass. that is the part that may cause the truck to drift to one side. it seems to drive pretty straight to me, so no complaints.

they focused on making the tires wear evenly. that is in speck. the tires are not like / or \ they are | so they should wear right.

sorry for the long story, just want to answer you the best i can.

9. Jan 1, 2008 at 5:00 PM
    Toycoma06

Member:
    Richmond Va.
    Vehicle:
    2016 tacoma 4x4 dbl. cab
    Thanks for the info!!!! I just dont want to run into any unexpected issues when I lift my truck.......

10. Jan 1, 2008 at 5:55 PM
    L_Jackson

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    toycoma,
    i just noticed you have an ARE cover.... those are awesome!!!! i have seen them on many trucks, but now mine... seen them on tundras and 1st gen tacos and i love 'em!!

can you show some pics of it? and if you don't mind me askin, where did you get it and how much was it?

thanks

11. Jan 19, 2008 at 10:23 AM
    Toycoma06

Member:
    Richmond Va.
    Vehicle:
    2016 tacoma 4x4 dbl. cab
    Finally added Pics of my truck. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great weekend.

12. Jan 19, 2008 at 10:45 AM
    L_Jackson

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    no doubt about it, that is 100% kick ass... but i don't think it go with my roll bar....

nice truck!

13. Jan 19, 2008 at 1:12 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Hey L_Jackson...you could get yourself an ARE cover and give your roll bar to me. :D

14. Jan 19, 2008 at 2:44 PM
    L_Jackson

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    now why didn't i think of that??:confused: :D

15. Jan 20, 2008 at 10:13 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    you COULD donate your roll bar to a jeep lol, i have enough duct tape and zip-ties to make it work

Products Discussed in

To Top