1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New guy wants a good lift.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by fysaechao, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Jun 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM
    fysaechao

fysaechao [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 SR5 Double Cab
    So I have been talking to chris4x4, who has been very helpful, about my lift setup.

I have an 01 SR5 Double Cab, second owner. My leafs right now are def in bad shape. They are more of a frown shape then a smile shape. Today I found out that I could get my leafs replaced under warranty by the 7th of next month. After doing that, Im gonna throw on bilstein 5100s with OME 881 springs for a level lift around 2.5 plus adding a leaf in the rear. After or before, let me know what you think, Im replacing my brakes, rotors, and shoes.

Another thing, If the springs are going to do most of the lift, do I need adjustable shocks?

Any advice is much wanted. Thanks.

New Guy to TW

2. Jul 16, 2009 at 6:01 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    Welcome to TW. You do not need 5100's if you are getting aftermarket lift coils like OME's. However, many people run 5100's w/ OME coils but set the 5100's at the lowest settings. I suggest OME coils paired up with OME front shocks.

Products Discussed in

To Top