1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New guy with a few questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mnerren, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Apr 2, 2009 at 6:06 AM
    mnerren

mnerren [OP] 2006 Tacoma TRD Sport XSP

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab
    2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4X2 1GRFE no mods XSP package

Question 1 - Hood flexing at high speeds:
    I have the TRD Sport with the hood that has the fake scoop and when I get over 60 mph, I can see my hood bouncing up and down slightly. The faster I go, the more it does it. It may not be bouncing, but more of a flexing. I have adjusted the rubber stops but it didn't seem to eliminate this. Is this normal?

Question 2 - Clicking from rear when applying brakes:
    I have been hearing this for a while. At the same instance that I push the brake pedal I will hear a click or slap from the rear end, not real loud, can hear it well at low speeds when leaving neighborhood. It will not do it again once it has occurred until I go over a slight bump or rise in the road and then it will do it again when I tap the brakes again. Is this the rear springs or maybe a brake issue. Maybe nothing??

Question 3 - Rear Differential Oil:
    Had the Texaco Lube place change my rear diff oil cause I was at 35,000 miles and figured I better do it. They claim their oil has the LSD additive, should I add some anyway? I think I feel a slip when I back down the driveway sometimes, or maybe it is in my head.

Thanks for all the info. I should have been on here from day one.

2. Apr 2, 2009 at 3:50 PM
    mnerren

mnerren [OP] 2006 Tacoma TRD Sport XSP

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab
    Thanks for the info. Your truck looks awesome. I am thinking about putting a lift kit on mine. I see you also have the TRD Sport and did a lift kit.

Products Discussed in

To Top