1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New guy

Discussion in 'New Members' started by leif, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Feb 9, 2008 at 11:49 AM
    leif

leif [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 white dbl cab long bed 4x4 sr5 trd
    this is my first time on this site and i just joined up. Id like to say this is a very informative site and im looking forward to more advice from fellow tacoma owners. I own a 2006 tacoma dbl cab long bed 4x4 with the TRD sport package it is by far the best truck i have ever owned. Looking to put on a lift soon but cant decide what to go with. any help would be great. It is my daily driver but i do go on trails at least 10 times a year. Im looking for a good comprimize,any help would be great.

2. Feb 10, 2008 at 6:12 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Welcome Lief, although my truck is not lifted I tell you what I know. Toytec seems to be the most popular here, and certainly it's the 3". There are some 6" inch but not as many, with that said there are a few issues with lifts. Bad installs have left many a bad taste around here, and have cost many more than expected, not to mention that there truck is not working properly. It can't be proven but there also seems to be a fuel mileage decrease, 1-2 mpg. Now come the plethora of tire issues, 31's or 33's ? do you need spacers ? Well the answers is yes to all. Look around in the search box and you should find all the answers to what you need, look in the gallery to see what it will look like. Good luck and send pix.

3. Feb 10, 2008 at 9:02 AM
    leif

leif [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 white dbl cab long bed 4x4 sr5 trd
    Thanks for the help. This site is very informative.I sighned up yesterday and allredy was able to get my dealer to take care of the Tsb issue. The forums are very helpfull and the pics are great.

4. Feb 10, 2008 at 9:58 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome to tw, leif......enjoy yourself here!!!

5. Feb 11, 2008 at 5:28 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Welcome to TW! You will have to tell us more about those trails you go on. We are always looking for new places to go (even us PreRunner guys). Cheers!

Products Discussed in

To Top