1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Harbor Freight DA

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by avi8or_co, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Dec 2, 2019 at 5:53 AM
    avi8or_co

avi8or_co [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue TRD Sport
    Just got my usual....daily...harbor freight coupon email and saw they now have this.. 20mm throw, forced rotation DA similar a Rupes or Flex. I have one or two of their Bauer products and they are very good quality tools. Can’t argue with $99. Might pick one up and set up my PC for small pads.

ace96 and AMarkham40 like this.
  2. Dec 2, 2019 at 12:23 PM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    where do you see the forced rotation part? For $99 I would take that over a PC....vibrating little bastard.

3. Dec 2, 2019 at 12:32 PM
    avi8or_co

avi8or_co [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue TRD Sport
    Looks like it is based on the design, have to go to HF for some stuff on wed so I’ll look at it and report back. I do agree though, I can’t feel my hands after using the PC for a few hrs

4. Dec 2, 2019 at 1:52 PM
    gorram

gorram Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited
    At that large of a throw it wouldn't be forced rotation usually the forced ones are only a 5mm orbit.

I've heard that the Bauer they replaced the old PC style Harbor Freight polisher was NOT an improvement over the old one per some reviews I've seen. But this is totally different design.

I keep hearing the knock off polisher to get is the Maxshine, they make various machines in various orbits.

5. Dec 2, 2019 at 3:05 PM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    I'm with ya here, and idk that I'd trust this design after hearing terrible things about the Bauer that replaced the old HF unit.

I had the old HF Chicago Electric polisher w/ a 5" LC plate, and it was okay but I quickly upgraded to a griots GG6, then G9. The Bauer that replaced the older HF unit was reviewed to be much worse than what it replaced and that one wasn'tvery good. Idk if I'd trust a long throw from Bauer to be any good at all.
    I would recommend spending a little more for a GG6 or G9 from griots. They are about $150 and maybe you can get a refurbished or used GG6, they have free lifetime warranty.

gorram[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Dec 3, 2019 at 4:31 AM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    You're welcome... This is a great deal. For anyone starting out, you won't get a better unit and everything needed for less money. JUMP on this deal

ace96 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top