1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New here - 1998 with 292,000 miles - now have 2010 PreRunner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by texla, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Apr 19, 2015 at 7:07 AM
    texla

texla [OP] Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5, 1998
    Just saying hello - Recently purchased a 2010 PreRunner SR5 with manual transmission and 4 cylinder. It's a huge upgrade from my 98 which was the 4 cyl manual with the 2.4 engine. I've had that one since 2001, bought it with 30k miles on it and that one has lasted me 292,000 miles and it still has the original clutch! I know these are not the models that most prefer but I've got a tight budget and the reliability of my 98 made it hard to pass up it's younger cousin with same engine and transmission. The new design (to me!) of the 2nd generation and the PreRunner SR5 options have given me so much I missed - the extra doors on the access cab - love 'em, the traction control in the rain - too good, and the easy fog light install option among others. OK, hope to meet those of you out there in the forum as time goes by.

2. Apr 19, 2015 at 7:34 AM
    Over da Hill

Over da Hill "Roads...where we're going we don't need roads"

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    15 Black Taco 4WD DC SB SC
    Supercharger, Icon stage 3 suspension, Pelfreybilt Armor, All-Pro Sliders & Leaf Pack, 17 inch Black Rhino Sidewinder wheels, 33 inch Toyo tires, Rigid Lighting, SPod,
    Welcome to TW!

Products Discussed in

To Top