1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Here

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 07TACOTRDSPORT, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Nov 4, 2007 at 1:28 PM
    07TACOTRDSPORT

07TACOTRDSPORT [OP] Active Member

Member:
    MOORE, OK
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER SR5 TRD SPORT X CAB
    PIONEER AVIC D3 GPS XM RADIO
    Hey guy's. I just purchased my new truck Tuesday. I had to sign up to the forum.. First project: upgrade the stereo. I love everything about this truck, but the stereo is pathetic! $28k truck and the worst stereo I've had in years. I have to have XM and I hate any kind of after market look, but I am seriously considering the Pioneer AVIC D3. Any thoughts?????

2. Nov 4, 2007 at 2:00 PM
    Dcrooks84

Dcrooks84 Sir Anal Loin of Beef

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab SR5 Pkg #8 lng bd 4X4
    Removed secondary air filter, Fog light anytime, Map light mod, Scan Gauge II, Polished Stainless Steel Westin E-Series Bull Bar, Black GrilleCraft Grille, Borla CatBack Exhaust
    Personally I will be putting a 7 inch touch screen CD/DVD reciever into my Taco. If you go to http://www.*********.com you will find everything you would need to do the change while still keeping a pretty clean look.
    And trust me you will by no means stop there ;)

3. Nov 4, 2007 at 2:46 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    any avic series is pretty good. scosche (sp) makes some nice dash kits for the aftermarket units.

4. Nov 4, 2007 at 6:00 PM
    Tacomafinally

Tacomafinally Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD 4x4
    Truck is sold
    Congrats on the new Tacoma; I purchased mine about 3 weeks ago so I know the feelling. Recently i added the AVIC D3 head unit and am absolutley in love with the unit. Do a google search and you'll be able to score one for about $650 or less. Now i'm looking for some good aftermarket 6x9s for the front that can produce more bass for my liking. Let me know if you have any questions on the AVIC D3 and good luck. :D

5. Nov 4, 2007 at 6:37 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    if you need just a "little" kick in the bass department, look no further than a 15" memphis sub and a decent rockford amp. has my little access cab banging something fierce haha

6. Nov 5, 2007 at 4:56 PM
    07TACOTRDSPORT

07TACOTRDSPORT [OP] Active Member

Member:
    MOORE, OK
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER SR5 TRD SPORT X CAB
    PIONEER AVIC D3 GPS XM RADIO
    Well I ordered the AVIC D3 w/ XM tuner. I can't wait! Hopefully this will make my new truck complete, aw who am I kidding? I see all kinds of Accessorizing ;). I would be interested in seeing your sub install....

7. Nov 5, 2007 at 7:01 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome 07trdtaco and turdtaco!!! hey turdtaco.....you need to head this way and help me with a different speaker and amp setup amn!!! free beer!!!!!

8. Nov 5, 2007 at 8:37 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    haha count me in for that one! i've wired and installed and tuned every system i've had and they always sound great, lets set up a taco meeting of The Alliance and i'll come down there to hook ur stuff up for u. my 15" is in a custom box but i can have another one made if you're looking to go that route, cost me $100 bucks from my buddy. do u have a dcab? i have an access cab and i've found sub installation easier in mine, but then again i never use my back seat thing for passengers either.....what exactly are u looking to do?

Products Discussed in

To Top